• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Two Star Wars Visions Episodes Will Be Post Rise of Skywalker

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
4 months ago#1
Well looks like they are dipping into the world beyond episode 9 but it won’t be canon. I really wish they would make a big leap in time like 2k years where Skywalker and Empire are seen as historical but almost mythical. Maybe have Jedi and Sith behind the scenes and few believe they exist or ever existed.

Baby steps first. I hope this is a start. I assume Disney is testing the waters with various ideas to see what’s popular.

https://apple.news/A7-O4YZ0QOueL2qB1Fkofkg

User Info: Tony_Jake

Tony_Jake
4 months ago#2
Yeah basically they are setting these visions stories up so if they want to incorporate them into canon they can.

To be honest though there is a good possibility that Rogue Squadron is going to be set post Ep. IX so we might get our official look at the post IX world sooner then we realize.

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
4 months ago#3
Tony_Jake posted...
Yeah basically they are setting these visions stories up so if they want to incorporate them into canon they can.

To be honest though there is a good possibility that Rogue Squadron is going to be set post Ep. IX so we might get our official look at the post IX world sooner then we realize.
It's not a "good possibility," it's been confirmed from the initial announcement.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: angleslam99

angleslam99
4 months ago#4
is this the Patty Jenkins movie? ehhhhhh, as long as she's not writing it...
#AllElite
CM Punk: "If you didn't like it: Shut the **** up!" *mic drop*

Tony_Jake
4 months ago#5
angleslam99 posted...
is this the Patty Jenkins movie? ehhhhhh, as long as she's not writing it...

Yeah and she isn't writing it.

User Info: DoctorDoom80

DoctorDoom80
4 months ago#6
Tony_Jake posted...
Yeah and she isn't writing it.

And Finn, Poe and Rey won’t be in it.
Bnet: DoctorDoom#1357

User Info: VectorAgent

VectorAgent
4 months ago#7
gatsbyy posted...
I really wish they would make a big leap in time like 2k years where Skywalker and Empire are seen as historical but almost mythical.

This is what I wish the ST had been.
Only guy on the entire internet thinking about the Scoobyverse.

LordPoncho
4 months ago#8
DoctorDoom80 posted...
And Finn, Poe and Rey won’t be in it.
Well Finn and Rey are safe bets, there's been no cast announcements yet and given Poe's aerial skills, it wouldn't be out of place if he's in it.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

Tony_Jake
4 months ago#9
LordPoncho posted...
Well Finn and Rey are safe bets, there's been no cast announcements yet and given Poe's aerial skills, it wouldn't be out of place if he's in it.

When we see those characters again it will likely be in animated form. Those actors spent a good six years working on Star Wars and don't think they are in any rush to come back.

If the movie is indeed set post ST those characters will likely be spoken of but the movie will be a complete sidestory to what they are doing.

LordPoncho
4 months ago#10
Tony_Jake posted...
When we see those characters again it will likely be in animated form. Those actors spent a good six years working on Star Wars and don't think they are in any rush to come back.

If the movie is indeed set post ST those characters will likely be spoken of but the movie will be a complete sidestory to what they are doing.
By safe bet, I meant safe bet they won't be in it. But there's no reason to rule Poe out.

And again, it's not if it's "indeed set post-ST," it literally is. This was confirmed in the initial announcement. This isn't rumor or leaks, this is official.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Two Star Wars Visions Episodes Will Be Post Rise of Skywalker
  • Topic Archived