• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Star Wars Detours not likely to ever be seen
LordPoncho 2 months ago#11
duckfreek posted...
I honestly hadn't even heard of Detours before honestly, it's weird that it wouldn't end up on Disney plus at some as even the Christmas special and Ewok stuff is on there. Actually that gives me hope, if that can be dug up at the request of fans, it would seem weird that 3 dozen episodes would disappear and never be see.

Also bringing up anything Gina Carano is gonna tank any topic
Detours won't happen because they likely don't want to have to renegotiate contracts with the actors involved.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
duckfreek 2 months ago#12
LordPoncho posted...
Detours won't happen because they likely don't want to have to renegotiate contracts with the actors involved.

That makes sense I hadn't thought of that
?
LordPoncho 2 months ago#13
duckfreek posted...
That makes sense I hadn't thought of that
Especially when you consider the entire Scarlett Johansson lawsuit, they probably would have to renegotiate the contracts with the actors involved to compensate them for a Disney+ launch.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
Xeowulf 2 months ago#14
LordPoncho posted...
Especially when you consider the entire Scarlett Johansson lawsuit, they probably would have to renegotiate the contracts with the actors involved to compensate them for a Disney+ launch.
I doubt that case would have anything to do with this since this is a show that would end up on some channel or service anyway and wouldn't have separate box office sales.
NEW BOARD for Toys and Collectibles:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1546-toys-and-collectibles
Aylex12321 1 month ago#15
Xeowulf posted...
Yeah, I'm never adding an extra bit to a topic again since that's all anyone focuses on. :p
It’s probably cause most people don’t even really know what Detours is, and thus don’t care for discussing it. Everyone knows what Rangers is, though, so that’s a more natural conversation point.

Anyway, it seems like a waste to just bury those episodes forever.
Currently playing - God of War (2018)
TheVector 1 month ago#16
I remember some people were not caring for it since it was “Lucasfilms hiring the Robot Chicken people to parody’s because the RS Star Wars specials were successful (as well as the family guy stuff)

Looking back this was announced in 2012….and it’s 10 years later and the episodes still haven’t been released?!?

Eh, it’s not going to happen unless people are clamoring for Star Wars parodies again
LordPoncho 1 month ago#17
TheVector posted...
I remember some people were not caring for it since it was “Lucasfilms hiring the Robot Chicken people to parody’s because the RS Star Wars specials were successful (as well as the family guy stuff)

Looking back this was announced in 2012….and it’s 10 years later and the episodes still haven’t been released?!?

Eh, it’s not going to happen unless people are clamoring for Star Wars parodies again
In all honesty, there's probably concern of people being cancelled. 2012 was a different social landscape than 2021, sadly. Even the slightest offensive joke and everyone is cancelled.
(edited 1 month ago)
TheVector 1 month ago#18
LordPoncho posted...

In all honesty, there's probably concern of people being cancelled. 2012 was a different social landscape than 2021, sadly. Even the slightest offensive joke and everyone is cancelled.

I don’t know about that, from what little they should of it (and I didn’t see the leaked episode from last year)…..the jokes were very tame as compered to RC and FG.

I don’t think Lucas was going to let them make the same jokes they did on the specials but who knows……it’s not going to get a official release anytime soon if ever
Xeowulf 1 month ago#19
LordPoncho posted...
That probably does have a lot to do with it unfortunately.
NEW BOARD for Toys and Collectibles:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1546-toys-and-collectibles
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Star Wars Detours not likely to ever be seen
  • Post New Message