• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Star Wars Detours not likely to ever be seen

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
2 months ago#1
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shelved-star-wars-detours-animated-series-wont-be-coming-to-disney/1100-6493472/

Despite having over 3 dozen episodes ready, it doesn't look like we'll ever be able to see this show. It's kinda' crazy that it's been done for around a decade at this point. I mean, it could've been complete garbage, but I'm disappointed we won't even be able to find out.

The article also states that Rangers of the New Republic is no longer in development, but that's not shocking and apparently old news (by over a month).

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
2 months ago#2
They are cancelling an entire series because of some comments one person made? Why don't they just find a similar looking actress to play Cara Dune?
Currently playing: Star Wars: Republic Commando

Xeowulf
2 months ago#3
thegreatwumbo posted...
They are cancelling an entire series because of some comments one person made? Why don't they just find a similar looking actress to play Cara Dune?
It's not canceled yet; it's just on the back burner.

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
2 months ago#4
Xeowulf posted...
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shelved-star-wars-detours-animated-series-wont-be-coming-to-disney/1100-6493472/

Despite having over 3 dozen episodes ready, it doesn't look like we'll ever be able to see this show. It's kinda' crazy that it's been done for around a decade at this point. I mean, it could've been complete garbage, but I'm disappointed we won't even be able to find out.

The article also states that Rangers of the New Republic is no longer in development, but that's not shocking and apparently old news (by over a month).
Ranges of the New Republic wasn't the Cara Dune spinoff, it was its own show. There's nothing pointing to it being cancelled. People seem to think that was supposed to be her rumored show, but it's not as her show was never officially announced yet Rangers was.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

Xeowulf
2 months ago#5
LordPoncho posted...
Ranges of the New Republic wasn't the Cara Dune spinoff, it was its own show. There's nothing pointing to it being cancelled. People seem to think that was supposed to be her rumored show, but it's not as her show was never officially announced yet Rangers was.
This article seems to think otherwise that it was her spinoff:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-rangers-of-the-new-republic-no-longer-in-development-report/1100-6491842/

But I know it's not canceled, hence me not using that phrasing. ;)

And everyone's commenting on that last sentence I just threw in there. RotNR is not what this topic is mainly about. :p

User Info: DeathMagnetic80

DeathMagnetic80
1 month ago#6
LordPoncho posted...

I figured on account of her story arc ending on Mandalorian and becoming a New Republic Ranger she'd be at least heavily featured on the show.

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
1 month ago#7
DeathMagnetic80 posted...
I figured on account of her story arc ending on Mandalorian and becoming a New Republic Ranger she'd be at least heavily featured on the show.
It's likely, but that show wasn't her spinoff. It was something else. Her spinoff was never officially announced.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

Xeowulf
1 month ago#8
Yeah, I'm never adding an extra bit to a topic again since that's all anyone focuses on. :p

User Info: Wandering__Hero

Wandering__Hero
1 month ago#9
Well that's one way to Subvert Expectations
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Star Wars Detours not likely to ever be seen
  • Post New Message