• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. We should start asking for a live action Clone Wars mini series

User Info: JimmyFraska

JimmyFraska
3 months ago#1
Before the Obi-wan show is even out, just so Disney is aware we want it. The opportunity is too great to pass up, to have a series featuring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, and Sam Jackson set during the Clone Wars. Sure there's always the weirdness of them looking older than they should coming off of Attack of the Clones (similar to the Mandalorian Boba situation). However that minor flaw is worth seeing the Clone Wars in live action.

A lot of people suspect we'll have at least Clone Wars flashbacks during the Obi-wan series, since they cast Hayden Christensen. I mean, I think casting him would be justified just to make Ewan McGregor's performance stronger, even if we don't see or hear Hayden. But, the argument makes sense from a business perspective that they would want to show Hayden's face if they're going to spend the money to cast him.

At the very least, we'll be getting some no helmet or broken helmet Vader scenes. But honestly, they know we love Clone Wars, they know we want it. I think we probably will get some Clone Wars scenes. For me, I would love if they had one entire episode, not just flashbacks but 1 whole episode out of the 6, dedicated to a Clone Wars story. It could be kind of a beta test.

And if it's great, they could move on from the Obi mini series, to the even bigger Clone Wars event mini series. Production wise, it could basically be treated as a sequel to the Obi-wan show, or like a season 2 in a sense. Kind of similar how the production crew from Mandalorian is handling Boba Fett.

As for the story, idk how they would handle it, it would probably need to be a "best of" series showing the most important bits of the war as we know it. It's most important purpose otherwise (aside from improving Anakin and the other characters) would be to give a background in live action to Ahsoka, since they obviously want to use her in a big way in the post episode 6 era.

Whatever difficulties there may be, I'd rather they try the idea, since the timeframe with the actors is very limited. The three main actors (McGregor, Christensen, Jackson), as far as guys go, all look younger than they actually are. If there's going to be Clone Wars content, this next five years or so is really probably our last chance for that without recasts. It is just too good of an opportunity to pass up.

As far as its place in the series, for those who did not like the Prequels, this mini series could basically replace those movies. For those of us who like the PT, this would basically just beef it up further.

I love the Prequels, but they're biggest problem is probably the pacing within the trilogy. The first two movies feel like the story of one movie stretched out to 2 films. Then it feels like we skip what should have been the middle film, the Clone Wars, and we just go straight to the last movie RotS.

The slower pacing Lucas was using in the first two movies is fine by me, but it's not good for a single film trilogy. It needs more content, more hours, to justify that pacing. That's what this show could do. Improve the content, the pacing, the characters. Basically fix the remaining issues of the prequels.

And the point of my topic is, we should start asking for this ahead of time, so that Disney knows and can just roll on it when the time is right.

User Info: Tony_Jake

Tony_Jake
3 months ago#2
They spent seven seasons telling Clone Wars stories. That's enough.

User Info: enigma777

enigma777
3 months ago#3
Tony_Jake posted...

It's like the show M.A.S.H. The series lasted longer than the war.
Proverbs 26:4

JimmyFraska
3 months ago#4
Tony_Jake posted...
Right but that didn't have Sam Jackson, Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen

Tony_Jake
3 months ago#5
JimmyFraska posted...
Right but that didn't have Sam Jackson, Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen

Still had the characters. And you are getting Ewan McGregor and Hayden in an Obi Wan live action series. Again the Clone Wars have been done to death. It's time to move on to something new.

JimmyFraska
3 months ago#6
Tony_Jake posted...
Still had the characters. And you are getting Ewan McGregor and Hayden in an Obi Wan live action series. Again the Clone Wars have been done to death. It's time to move on to something new.
There's only one opportunity to do it with the original actors. It would be silly to not do it.

Tony_Jake
3 months ago#7
JimmyFraska posted...
There's only one opportunity to do it with the original actors. It would be silly to not do it.

Yes it would be silly because they have been in that time period ever since 2008. Enjoy the Obi Wan show.

User Info: angleslam99

angleslam99
3 months ago#8
Tony_Jake posted...
they spent almost 50 years on the OT and Disney is still milking the s*** out of that
Edge winning the 2021 Royal Rumble was a mistake
https://youtu.be/irViosoqhpY

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
3 months ago#9
Temura Morrison is 60 how are they going to make a show where he's 90% of the cast. Be thankful for book of Boba Fett
Welcome to Gamestop. Remember use small words slowly we're f'n idiots.

User Info: DW4fReAk31

DW4fReAk31
3 months ago#10
Would be awesome but I'd settle for Clone Wars arcs every few years made into mini series or movies.

Doesn't need to follow the big 4 (Anakin, Ashoka, Rex, Kenobi) but can be villain based, go back to the first days of the war, Fives/Echo first ARC trooper mission etc etc
"In my book, experience outranks everything."
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. We should start asking for a live action Clone Wars mini series
  • Post New Message