• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Doomcock's video: TROS test screenings disaster

User Info: Tenaku

Tenaku
1 week ago#1
I just recently watched this video from Doomcock, talking about the test screenings of The Rise of Skywalker. I have never followed this Doomcock before, so I don't know how legit he is. And I've been avoiding most videos that have been talking about the "plot leaks", so I don't know how much this story matches the leaks.

The short summary is there are three cuts of the movie:

Kathleen Kennedy's/JJ Abrams' original cut. Just as you expected from Kennedy, it is woke af, and how Rey wins in the third act had audiences burst out in laughter. Scored 29.

Bob Iger's cut. I don't know if Iger made any creative choice on this cut, but he was pissed at the original cut above and ordered a reshoot. This one included both Luke and Anakin, in the flesh (somehow). It scored 65.

Then there's George Lucas' cut. Lucas pitched an idea that combined both cuts above, but introduced "a secret Skywalker". This cut scored 88.

What do you guys think? How real or BS do these sound? Also, if you're going to compare them to the leaks, please include the spoiler blocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DErk4e1zQ

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
1 week ago#2
I'll say it again. If it isn't circulating on the Star Wars Leaks subreddit, it's fake. The mods THOROUGHLY factcheck and verify things posted there.

Which, sorry to have cut that short, it hasn't circulated so it's clickbait and fake. Plus, never heard of the guy. Leaks will come from a few sources that have contributed in the past, not some random-ass YouTuber nobody has ever heard of.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#3
<_<
http://i.imgur.com/UZCSZxH.jpg http://i.imgur.com/loKYR4m.jpg

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 week ago#4
...Doomc***?

This sounds like bulls***, though. The three versions bit with Kathleen Kennedy's being a woke laughing stock and the miracle George Lucas one (that we've never heard of until now) being the raved one sounds like Star Wars fan fantasy stuff.

I have no doubt that some YouTubers like Mr. H Reviews will run with it, but I ain't buying it.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SpikeMike4487

SpikeMike4487
1 week ago#5
It's amazing how many people think Lucas is a genius all of a sudden who is the only one who can save Star Wars. The prequels drove so many fans away who cheered when he sold the company. Now there's been one bad film and he's a misunderstood genius?

God, I hate how fickle the fanbase can be.
"Heath Ledger took a fist full of pills. He knew how that nap was going to end."-- Daniel Tosh
http://livinglifebywatching.wordpress.com/
SpikeMike4487 posted...
It's amazing how many people think Lucas is a genius all of a sudden who is the only one who can save Star Wars. The prequels drove so many fans away who cheered when he sold the company. Now there's been one bad film and he's a misunderstood genius?

God, I hate how fickle the fanbase can be.

people like his ideas. the main problem with the prequels was Lucas' directing. Lucas hadn't directed anything since A New Hope in 1977. he was out of practice and he knew it. Lucas didn't even want to direct the prequels. Lucas tried to get Ron Howard, Robert Zemeckis, and Steven Spielberg to direct them but they all turned him down because it was "too daunting".
Its just more badass when you kick someones ass while you're half naked -Jango the BlueFox

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 week ago#7
Yeah, Lucas is a great idea guy, but a fairly bad execution guy. I believe he wanted Kasden to write the PT as well, but Kasden turned it down, telling Lucas is was his series to do.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
1 week ago#8
Wouldn't be terribly surprised regardless. The trilogy is a complete trainwreck at this point and I genuinely think that TLJ made such a mess that it's borderline impossible for TRoS to be even remotely decent.

The trailer only reinforced those fears with its ridiculous shots and inane story teases (ooh will Rey beat Kylo again? Such an intense rivalry!). At this point I'm just hoping if it has to be bad it's at least The Room levels.

SpikeMike4487 posted...

Two bad films. TFA had no world building, rehashed the literal plot of ANH wholesale, and had Rey busting out s*** that literally no untrained Force user ever did (including defeating someone who was billed as "the strongest Force user we've seen yet" without any training).

TFA needed its sequel to explain all its logic-holes and contrivances. Since its sequel did not do that those issues became such that they make the film bad. Not as bad as TLJ, but definitely bad enough to make me wish I was watching Attack of the Clones instead (and I can't stand that film).
Currently playing: Nier Automata, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Fate GO, DBZ Dokkan Battle, YGO Duel Links, Pokemon Go

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
1 week ago#9
I agree with a channel called 'MidnightEdge' in that they should have edited TLJ so leia could have gotten a proper send off. And kept Luke alive at the end to redeem himself and train Rey into Ep9 amd maybe die at the end of that.

This would have fixed a multitude of issues plaguing the trilogy as is

3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: Romaru21

Romaru21
1 week ago#10
M1Astray posted...
SpikeMike4487 posted...

Two bad films. TFA had no world building, rehashed the literal plot of ANH wholesale, and had Rey busting out s*** that literally no untrained Force user ever did (including defeating someone who was billed as "the strongest Force user we've seen yet" without any training).

TFA needed its sequel to explain all its logic-holes and contrivances. Since its sequel did not do that those issues became such that they make the film bad. Not as bad as TLJ, but definitely bad enough to make me wish I was watching Attack of the Clones instead (and I can't stand that film).

This is pretty accurate. The prequels were not good films by any stretch, but people have reevealuated a lot in the wake of the ST, because those films have been so much worse. The PT at least felt like it was a cohesive set of prequel stories; the sequels have felt like fan homage in TFA, to 'what the f*** were they thinking' in TLJ.

There's been no cohesion in the narrative; there has not been a buildup to a conclusion - it's been disconnected bumbling around while showing off Rey as some type of superhuman without any direction.
"It's not a cookie. It's a scone!!" - Major Zero (MGS3)
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. Doomcock's video: TROS test screenings disaster
  • Post New Message