• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. The Last Jedi came out exactly one year ago. Has your opinion of it changed?

User Info: Scoutisabelle

Scoutisabelle
3 months ago#1
I can’t believe it’s already been a year.
Do you still feel the same, good or bad, as you did when you first saw it? Or has repeated viewings or reading and watching all of the analysis about the films changed your opinion?
Now Playing: Fallout 4, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

User Info: leesmapman

leesmapman
3 months ago#2
At first I refused to believe it was that bad. Then I accepted it. So yes, my opinion changed.
PSN: Dr_Jones
www.popcorn-song.com

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
3 months ago#3
My opinion of it has actually changed twice.

First viewing (in theaters): I didn’t hate it, but was left feeling a bit underwhelmed.

Second viewing (in theaters): I actually liked it a lot more, and was able to focus on more of the little things since I knew where the story was going.

Third viewing (on Netflix): I was able to realize more of the movies’ flaws.

So I guess my final verdict: I don’t hate the movie, nor do I love it. If anything it’s one of the more average SW movies and is decent at best.
Hulkhogan1: Then, now, forever!

User Info: WelshGamer82

WelshGamer82
3 months ago#4
No, upon repeated viewings, I feel the same way about it now as I did when I first watched it. It’s still excellent.
Amazing Love, How can it be? That you my king would die for me.
Amazing Love, I know it's true. And it's my joy to honour you.

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
3 months ago#5
I just realized no canon movies exist after Return of the Jedi. Disney Star Wars is the Cinematic EU. It's just some crappy alternate reality I can ignore like the original EU was.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: WingedRegent

WingedRegent
3 months ago#6
First Viewing: Enjoyed it. Didn't quite understand why it got as much hate as it did.

Second viewing the following day: Started to see the flaws more and more before finally understanding why it got the backlash that it did.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82

User Info: Dabrikishaw15

Dabrikishaw15
3 months ago#7
At first I liked it a lot, then I became extremely critical of it.

Now I have no emotional attachment to it whatsoever. KOTOR II did everything this movie tried better and with more intrigue.
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707 IGN: Anthony

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
3 months ago#8
Dabrikishaw15 posted...
At first I liked it a lot, then I became extremely critical of it.

Now I have no emotional attachment to it whatsoever. KOTOR II did everything this movie tried better and with more intrigue.

Interactive media 10-15x longer than a movie tend to do that. I find this argument pretty silly, tbh.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
3 months ago#9
I told myself I would watch it again when it came out on bluray to see if it could grow on me, but I can't even bring myself to watch it again.

s*** movie is still s***.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: TommyG663513

TommyG663513
3 months ago#10
I was very angry when I first watched it. Still pretty bad upon second theatrical viewing. Watched it on Netflix and I had to laugh at how bad it was. Now I've just calmly accepted that Disney SW just isn't for me. TLJ also kind of ruined TFA for me, because it crapped all over its setup.
just tell them all your base doesn't belong to us because we were getting stoned...they'll understand-Ken156
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. The Last Jedi came out exactly one year ago. Has your opinion of it changed?
  • Topic Archived