• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. The Last Jedi will suck because TFA sucked. It's a bad story.

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
1 year ago#121
tetsuoswrath posted...
rexcrk posted...
CyricZ posted...
k darkfire posted...
Star Wars has become SJW infested. Like the new BF game has a another token female non-white main character. It's ssoooo silly. Rey is the embodiment of SJW feminism everywhere and tahts why TFA sucks. It should have been Luke, not Rey not generic Finn...

Imagine being this scared of women.

My favorites are the ones that are like "I need main characters in my movies to be men because I'm a man and I can only relate to men!"

Like.. grow the f*** up lmao.

You're mocking people online like a child, but then think you can tell someone else to grow up? X{D

Guess I touched a nerve.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: Heroezz

Heroezz
1 year ago#122
rexcrk posted...
I am so sick of this mentality / fad of hating stuff before it's even out.

So now, you've got it so ingrained in your mindset that you won't like it, no matter how great it is, you're not going to like it.
I won't see you end as ashes. You're all Diamonds.

User Info: Heroezz

Heroezz
1 year ago#123
k darkfire posted...
Star Wars has become SJW infested. Like the new BF game has a another token female non-white main character. It's ssoooo silly. Rey is the embodiment of SJW feminism everywhere and tahts why TFA sucks. It should have been Luke, not Rey not generic Finn...

How does having a female lead character really all that different from having a male lead character. People are people are they not? Are you really that threatened by having a female lead?
I won't see you end as ashes. You're all Diamonds.

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
1 year ago#124
XXmiznatorXX posted...
I don't think many people cared about the gender and race of the new characters. Heck, there have always been women and mixed races in Star Wars (besides the first one because, well, at the time of not knowing if the film would be a success, I can't imagine some random black dude with a big afro in ANH).

The issue was that the characters felt "forced" as in "Oh, a lightsaber? I instantly know how to use it! YEA!" or "oh, the force? I have it? Great! Let me just beat enemies like I'm not supposed beat at all"

Finn went from "I can't kill people for no reason" to......killing tons of Stormtroopers for no reason. Then randomly decided to leave...then come back. I remember in theaters, I didn't get his whole arc.

Rey was cool, but there was too much "OHHHH WHOS HER PARENTS!?! OHHH SHE HAS ANAKINS LIGHTSABER BUT WE HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT WHY".

It didn't have that Star Wars aura...but seemed like it was self-aware that it's a serialized series.

But for the SJW stuff...nah. I didn't get that vibe with TFA. Though, from the interviews with Kathleen Kennedy, it's easy to see why one would think that.

I also find it a bit weird Finn doesn't have much of a reaction to killing people after that. I know he actually balked at killing unarmed civilians but you think someone moral enough for that would at least cringe a bit at killing people he used to know even if they are trying to kill him. Maybe now that things have calmed down to where he isn't in constant 'fight for my life' mode he will dwell on it. But thats an entirely separate issue from his melanin count.

Also

You actually see Luke being trained in both ANH and ESB PRIOR to using his abilities.

Luke was trained in exactly one thing, force sensing. Then in ESB he pulled off telekinesis despite having no hints it was possible like Rey had for knowing minds could be influenced.
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: nyrovonn

nyrovonn
1 year ago#125
This dude literally found any miniscule (and by miniscule I mean nearly none at all) dots to connect for his ideas of how these movies will be similar lol.
BURR!

User Info: tetsuoswrath

tetsuoswrath
1 year ago#126
nyrovonn posted...
This dude literally found any miniscule (and by miniscule I mean nearly none at all) dots to connect for his ideas of how these movies will be similar lol.

That's easy to say, but harder to prove. :{
Real Star wars fans hate Disney. :{

tetsuoswrath
1 year ago#127
mizukage2 posted...
Luke was trained in exactly one thing, force sensing. Then in ESB he pulled off telekinesis despite having no hints it was possible like Rey had for knowing minds could be influenced.

Three years between ANH and ESB.

TLJ picks up immediately after TFA.

Luke had TIME to get used to his force abilities.

Rey was instantly adept.

But like I said, I think she's previously trained and had her mind wiped.

BUT, they needed that in the narrative of TFA for it to work well. :{

tetsuoswrath
1 year ago#128
rexcrk posted...
Guess I touched a nerve.

More like you're trying to. That's what trolls do after all. :{O

tetsuoswrath
1 year ago#129
Wing_Phoenix posted...
Everyone knew if there was a sequel trilogy then some or all of the post ROTJ EU was going out the window. I would have preferred if the canon war with the Empire lasted four or five years instead of just one but that's not linked to Rey in any way.

Dooku was a Jedi Master and expert duelist turned Sith Lord who was at full strength. Vader was a Jedi Knight with the strength of a master turned Sith Lord. Kylo Ren was Jedi Apprentice turned Dark Side user who was still in training and badly wounded so he was at nothing close to full strength. And Rey was an experienced melee fighter.

No they didn't.

All the EU fans thought they'd use the EU since they just paid 4.3 billion dollars for the franchise.

why would they waste time and money to come up with new content when they already had it?

Easy. The sjw agenda needed to be pushed like it is in Marvel.

Lucas AUTHORIZED the EU as a continuation of HIS story.

So no, I don't think "everyone" expected the EU's removal.

You didn't actually watch TFA did you?

Kylo attacked Luke's academy with the KOR YEARS before the events of TFA.

Rey was still a child when Kylo attacked the academy.

So he had TIME to train in the force.

For Rey to have been believable, all they had to do was show that she's had her mind wiped in TFA. Not let the questions linger for two films.

I'm sorry that Star wars fans hate Disney for ruining the franchise and voice our opinions of it. :{

User Info: De Evolution

De Evolution
1 year ago#130
Main issues with TFA

1. Finn has a change of conscious about being a stormtrooper because of the brutal violence and murder. When he escapes with Poe he kills tens of stormtroopers without a second thought and throughout the film racks up an impressive body count. He knows the other stormtroopers are kidnapped and brainwashed like him and shows no remorse or conflict while killing them by the dozens.

Especially strange since he may have had an emotional connection or bond to the stormtrooper he kneels down to help in the opening scene. He's killing people he lived, worked, trained, and fought alongside and all of a sudden feels fine with killing people when he switches sides. Would be nice to see some sort of conflict or struggle with that.

2. No political explanation about the situation between the Republic and the Resistance? Why isn't the legitimate government of the galaxy dealing with the First Order committing genocide against its citizens and waging war against it? Makes it confusing and less impactful for the audience when the planets get destroyed.

3. Rey is a Mary Sue. Her being a gifted pilot and mechanic is believable which would be in line with Force users in the Skywalker bloodline. But she's also amazing at everything else and does it all with confidence and authority.

She can pilot any craft, out fly experienced TIE pilots, fix anything, for some reason pilots and understands the Falcon better than Han himself, and never used a blaster before but outshoots everyone like a battle hardened combat veteran. She makes Han look like he's a s***ty pilot and makes Luke look like he's got a learning disability.

From what I saw there was no subtlety, no nuance. It was shoddy storytelling - in a rush for her to become powerful.

4. Han's death had little emotional impact for me. It was telegraphed from a mile away and something about the build up was just off. Perhaps Adam Driver's questionable acting.

Chewie should have died with Han. Imagine this scene. Han gets killed, Chewie fights his way to Han's body after wounding Kylo with the bowcaster. Rey and Finn tell him to blow the detonator and get out out of there. Chewie is wailing on the ground with Han's body in his arms. Finn says 'Leave him he's dead!' Chewie refuses and smacks Finn away, motioning them to leave him. Finn grabs Rey to chase a wounded Kylo, Chewie detonates the explosives and howls loudly while the facility collapses around him in fiery chaos.

That would have made Han's death tremendously powerful.

Instead of Chewie saving Rey and Finn have a droid pilot the ship, or let the Millennium Falcon die on the planet with its crew and a random Resistance pilot saves them.

5. The biggest negative about the film for me is how Rey used the Force to escape and in the final duel, learning it all in a matter of minutes without guidance, understanding, or training. It completely diminishes the established lore of the Force and the training necessary to use it effectively. She just closed her eyes, concentrated for 10 seconds and boom.

Kylo Ren losing to Rey makes no sense and ruins him as a powerful, capable, threatening villain. Kylo can full body paralyze people with telekinesis, read minds, make people go unconscious by touching their foreheads, FREEZE BLASTER FIRE IN MID AIR, and toss people twenty feet through the air into tree branches with ease.

It took Luke, the son of Anakin Skywalker--the most force-adept being ever, around three years to be able to move a lightsaber with the force, and even then with some difficulty.

Rey, once she finds out she's force-sensitive, takes to it like Superman discovering he's had superpowers all his life. She's doing mind tricks on her second try, preventing a trained dark jedi from calling a saber to him, and then defeating said dark jedi using a lightsaber for the first time ever.

There's no in-universe way to justify that.
Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. The Last Jedi will suck because TFA sucked. It's a bad story.
  • Topic Archived