• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ollicehunter

ollicehunter
2 years ago#1
Or is the version of 2 in the HD collection better? Seems this version on PS4 gets a lot of hate due to poorly implemented VR, from what I can tell. But I don't even have VR. I care more about getting the best visual experience, so 4K appeals to me.

By the way, I have never even played ZOE2, just 1. I like it, but it does feel a bit dated in how it delivers its story. Also feels very arcade-like in parts. I hope 2 changed these elements.

User Info: lnfinity_Divide

lnfinity_Divide
2 years ago#2
This is the best version of the game, has all content and looks/runs the best.

Also feels very arcade-like in parts. I hope 2 changed these elements.

Not sure what you mean by this but 2 is probably more arcadey than the first.
"Incel!"-white knight who can't bench his body weight

User Info: Inxentas

Inxentas
2 years ago#3
> Not sure what you mean by this but 2 is probably more arcadey than the first.

Yeah but it's a different kind of arcadey, to my mind. In ZOE1 the levels felt like arcadey arena's that you dropped into, while ZOE2 is more of a linear, action packed affair. In terms of storytelling it is a lot faster paced, it has more memorable characters... and a story that actually wraps itself up rather nicely. If delivery was your main gripe with ZOE1 you should still give ZOE2 a chance.

ZOE1 introduces Jehuty, Leo and Ada but throws a massive cliffhanger in your face at the end. The story picks up in ZOE2 where the stakes are upped significantly and there's an actual plot to wrap up.
Kept you waiting, huh?

User Info: Inxentas

Inxentas
2 years ago#4
Seems this version on PS4 gets a lot of hate due to poorly implemented VR, from what I can tell.

I didn't want to comment on this before I finished the whole thing, but I strongly disagree. The one complaint I might have is that polygon demos and dialogues are still the old 2D affairs. Switching between the two can be a bit jarring, but the gameplay is so solid I can barely believe the game wasn't made with VR in mind from the get-go. I've always liked this game, but VR has only increased my appreciation for this title.
Kept you waiting, huh?

User Info: DeepThroat0

DeepThroat0
1 year ago#5
After finally pulling this off the shelf I can say that either I completely misremember the game and it always played like s*** with a horrible camera and times of complete lack of frame control, or this is an inferior version of the game.
DeepThroat0 posted...
After finally pulling this off the shelf I can say that either I completely misremember the game and it always played like s*** with a horrible camera and times of complete lack of frame control, or this is an inferior version of the game.

How exactly does it have a horrible camera? It’s one of the more reliable cameras in action games.

"Incel!"-white knight who can't bench his body weight

User Info: DT2501

DT2501
9 months ago#7
The lock-on makes the camera go completely nuts when there are lots of enemies around. As you destroy one, your view automatically shifts to the next target, even if that's behind you or somewhere unexpected. It gets REALLY chaotic at times. I suppose 1-on-1 is better, but even then, it forces you to choose either paying attention to your target or paying attention to the environment, you can't really do both at the same time.

This is just inherent to the game, though, not specific to the PS4 version.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A