• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: xSHEPERDx

xSHEPERDx
1 week ago#1
Noticed the population drop in the last two weeks. Matchmaking for rating and quickmatch tends to take longer and longer. As i'm writing this it's just me and 3 other people waiting in a lobby for the last half hour. Starting to think the western release was done to save the game over in the east (since it isn't split servers). How was the population over on the Asian version of the game before the western release?

Also getting failed matchmaking errors significantly more often since the last patch.
www.youtube.com/c/raijingaming
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Curemaster

Curemaster
1 week ago#2
Try answer these questions first:

1. What rating are you at now?

Western players who played this game a couple of months ago were mostly already at C or higher rating, while Asian/JP players were at A- or higher.

2. What hour did you play?

Remember that this game were mostly played by Asian/JP players, so you need to match their time in order to get most of the players. Usually players starts logging in at 18:00 - 24:00 JST (GMT +9), which is after worktime.

I never had any problems at A rating and at those times, except for Quick Matches, which usually were pretty barren at the first place.
An der schonen blauen Donau + Very large speakers = Overridden Trombe...

xSHEPERDx
1 week ago#3
I play throughout the day, night. I keep odd hours. Typically i'm playing when they're awake out East, and I play during evenings out on the east coast, which makes it prime time for those on the westcoast (3 hour difference). Yet it was just the weekend and you'd expect the population to be bustling on these two days (mostly Fri/Sat for USA, since they use Japan's time zone and shut off the weekend bonus while we still have Sunday to go).

Ground rating A- and space rating about to hit B-.

Maybe the higher tier population is just too shallow - though i've still seen it when we get paired with C rating players so the bridge at least allows for 2 grades (and perhaps additional with the + and - ratings). I dunno. Perhaps it's just the matching system in general that's really screwy, with the ratings difference causing more issues on top of them.

Imo they need to redo that whole system to bring the population closer in line with each other --- or at the very least disqualify ratings from quick match, since QM doesn't effect ratings.

User Info: Genzanin

Genzanin
1 week ago#4
another factor is connection the higher the easier you ll get a match

agree quickmatch should be without rank matching
www.serateotaku.it GUNDAM ONE YEAR WAR We didn't spare nothing to the white mobile suit,huge fun!!!
PS4 Eur Community"Gundam Versus Italia" join now!!

User Info: Neo_Tai

Neo_Tai
1 week ago#5
well i am planning of joining soon,but irl got in the way -.- so during the weekend i may dl the game and play it.but jp and u.s got diffirent time zone so of course there be less players,the u.s side gundam fans it not that huge but not the small either just in between,peoples try to advertise this game on youtube moodyeye play that game for a whole year.

When it finally came around most peoples play it din't lose anything so lucky for them,while those who recently play it go against top tier players and you know the the players base of u.s they rage out pretty fast if thing don't go their way,even so i will join this game,i'd know gonna lose many time cause it gonna take sometime to get use to it and get Ms that i'll enjoy.
(edited 1 week ago)

xSHEPERDx
1 week ago#6
Just got home from work and booted up to get the dailies done.

Sitting in the 200 (space) quickplay lobby for the past 28 minutes. Still 8/10 players. I guess the novelty wore off and people are reacting to the gacha system. Getting roflstomped by higher tier suits in unrestricted and catching the scent of whales, perhaps.

Hope the game doesn't become an afterthought so soon after porting west. Yeah, it looks like a PS3 game, and yearh, the gacha system is pretty evident given we weren't started off on equal footing, and are playing with Asian players with several months of unlocks already in tow. The other thing is that free players that have played consistently since it released in the west are now entering earning categories where they are/have been able to accumulate enough key mods to bring the pain. New players just joining now will be getting hit much harder than they can. Doesn't exactly explain why the 200 category, a more even-keel bracket, is now seeing less activity.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Genzanin

Genzanin
1 week ago#7
space never been popular from game s launch
best to set a 1v1 space custom room and write Daily mission when you need it
>;3

however
cost category help newbies
join a clan and you will get 10k when it levels up and a token too
buy parts in dp shop
just stay away from unrestricted and you ll be fine
also a new campaign is starting
just do your dailies
and you l get 90 tokens to afford it
www.serateotaku.it GUNDAM ONE YEAR WAR We didn't spare nothing to the white mobile suit,huge fun!!!
PS4 Eur Community"Gundam Versus Italia" join now!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Tamamo-no-mae

Tamamo-no-mae
1 week ago#8
i'm not having any trouble getting matches, i just started recently and i'm having a blast, i've had some really exciting matches, though most of them have been one-sided curbstomp battles one way or the other.
what animal is so lost is rapturous contemplation of what he thinks he is as to overlook what he indubitably ought to be?

User Info: WhiteyMcFly

WhiteyMcFly
1 week ago#9
I have zero trouble getting matches, space battles are just not as popular. Unless it's a daily mission to play 2 of them, space rooms will 100% of the time always take longer to get going compared to a ground room.
PSN and Steam: THEBaron0BeefDip
Playing: Blood: Fresh Supply, Gundam Battle Operation 2, Medievil 2019

User Info: Curemaster

Curemaster
1 week ago#10
xSHEPERDx posted...
Sitting in the 200 (space) quickplay lobby for the past 28 minutes. Still 8/10 players.

There, the bolded ones are the main culprit.

Not only you played on a quick match, which were already not as popular like rating, but also in the Space maps. Also, you're playing in the weekday morning JP/Asia time, where most people either work or doing their activities.

Go play rating matches if you wanted a better player pools, since people were mostly choose rating compared to quick matches if they played solo.
An der schonen blauen Donau + Very large speakers = Overridden Trombe...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers