• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gal*Gun 2
  3. Upgrading Blaster/Goggles

User Info: tri4ceofpowr

tri4ceofpowr
1 year ago#1
I've played through the game once accumulating a high score overall, and getting the Chiru Route A/ Nanako Route B. In my initial playthrough I've only had the option to upgrade an item once, and that was for the blaster. Does anyone know how I might go about upgrading items fully?
PSN: Zeldafreak4life
XBL: Tri4ceofpowr

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
1 year ago#2
Specific free stages have the upgrades. Don't remember which ones. You know you got one when the rewards screen shows it.
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?

User Info: shockfrost

shockfrost
1 year ago#3
I remember which ones.
They are:

Main Story 4 (Boss Battle) - Sweeper Upgrade
Chiru Mission 2 (Cave 2) - Sweeper Upgrade
Rena - Bring the Banana Bandit to Justice! - Cave 1 - Sweeper Upgrade (Appears at 750k score)

Search Mission 6 - Searching for Surstromming - Cafeteria 2 - Goggles Upgrade (Head mission unlocks at 200k)
Nanako Mission 7 (BOSS) - Goggles Upgrade
Side Mission "Send Help Again!" (Cave Defense) - Goggles Upgrade (Quest chain accessible after Main Mission 5, this is mission 3 in that side mission chain)
The Original Darklord
First US Game Clear, July 21 2009 (29 hours play time)

User Info: SyphonFilterFan

SyphonFilterFan
1 year ago#4
shockfrost posted...
I remember which ones.
They are:

Main Story 4 (Boss Battle) - Sweeper Upgrade
Chiru Mission 2 (Cave 2) - Sweeper Upgrade
Rena - Bring the Banana Bandit to Justice! - Cave 1 - Sweeper Upgrade (Appears at 750k score)

Search Mission 6 - Searching for Surstromming - Cafeteria 2 - Goggles Upgrade (Head mission unlocks at 200k)
Nanako Mission 7 (BOSS) - Goggles Upgrade
Side Mission "Send Help Again!" (Cave Defense) - Goggles Upgrade (Quest chain accessible after Main Mission 5, this is mission 3 in that side mission chain)

Ok Im confused. I just did the Send Help Again mission but I did not get a goggle upgrade at all. Do you have to get a certain score or what?
You're going to need a bigger gun!-Anton Girdeux, Syphon Filter

User Info: Ryouiki

Ryouiki
1 year ago#5
Send Help Again doesn't seem to grant Goggle upgrades, I tried/replayed mission number of times. At least in my game the upgrades came from:

Searching for Surstromming
Nanako - Boss
Kurona - 2nd Playthrough, 2nd Boss Encounter in Main Quest line.
PSN: Ryouiki
DD:DA Pawn: Yuki

User Info: Sourcecode

Sourcecode
1 year ago#6
SyphonFilterFan posted...
Ok Im confused. I just did the Send Help Again mission but I did not get a goggle upgrade at all. Do you have to get a certain score or what?

as best I can tell, it's possible for the parts to be awarded on different missions. I didn't get a goggle upgrade for "send help again" but instead got it for "Gonna stomp the HELL outta you".

User Info: dark998

dark998
1 year ago#7
I got the final Sweeper and Goggle upgrades after doing the main story boss fights again (currently on 3rd playthrough).

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
1 year ago#8
I got all the upgrades without really intending to do so. My first play through I was doing all the side quests and kind of avoiding the main storyline mission and was able to fully upgrade the gun, but goggles were only Lvl 3. I got the final goggle upgrade on NG+ beating Kurona the 2nd time. I didnt do the last couple Chiru missions because of the warning of a bug from another thread here.
https://www.twitter.com/E1ectricMo1e
https://archiverse.guide/users/e1ectr1cmo1e
  1. Boards
  2. Gal*Gun 2
  3. Upgrading Blaster/Goggles
  • Topic Archived