• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gal*Gun 2
  3. How is this compared to Double Peace?

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
1 year ago#11
There are a lot of cute ideas here but Double Peace is better. It doesn't replace DP and the new girls are really good, but almost every change is for the worse.

I hate that damn vacuum cleaner because it slows the game to a crawl.
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

User Info: dark998

dark998
1 year ago#12
So far Im liking 2 more. While DP was more arcade-like and you had to start from scratch each time I like the idea of having a constant file that gets updated/more complete with each playthrough. Stats were honestly a chore to and health upgrades and such and now replaced with gun/goggles upgrades which are permanent.

Having more mission variety is great and rendezvous mode offers a lot of unique dialogue for every girl, even the minor ones. Much better than the two-liner "endings" from DP love route.

Yes, Im miss Ekoro. And yes, gallery needs to be patched in.

User Info: Ryouiki

Ryouiki
1 year ago#13
Still need to finish up the last two endings, but at this point DP was a much better game.

Changes to scoring/combo's, particularly that combos still extend even if you don't hit the correct areas, make the entire "shooting" portion somewhat trivial... I think I finished the first time through with over 2 million points without even trying, and 50+ hit combos on levels even after missing numbers of shots.

Almost no "splits" in the paths make level replayability non-existent, lack of items to find in the maps, and the dialog "choices" do not change any outcomes. I was as mean as possible to Risu the entire first time through, and it made no difference.

Then my biggest annoyance is that once you do the handful of regular shooting and scavenger hunt missions, all free missions are "defense" type. Worst still, the defense missions are on the same couple of maps, and the enemies spawns are identical every time, so it is just downright boring to keep doing new ones dozens of times.

DP was a real slog to Platinum due to all the stat gathering etc., but I had much more fun doing that then this game.
PSN: Ryouiki
DD:DA Pawn: Yuki

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
1 year ago#14
Defense missions aren't any fun the first time because the vacuum cleaner is BORING and the demons are purposefully made less fun and rewarding to shoot than to suck; so you have a bad option and another option purposefully made worse.

Chatting with the girls is really cute and Rendezvous mode is something truly special, but it doesn't quite do enough to replace DP's really charming story.

I can understand not liking the Time/Accuracy scoring of DP but it's not like what we got instead is any better.

And this is still an asset flip of Galgun VR
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000
  1. Boards
  2. Gal*Gun 2
  3. How is this compared to Double Peace?
  • Topic Archived