• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby Battle Royale
  3. The Sleep ability update has been released.

User Info: _Keeby

_Keeby
1 year ago#1
I'm currently downloading it. I can't wait to play!

User Info: CaptainToad101

CaptainToad101
1 year ago#2
Same here.
Brooms: The hot new product sweeping the nation.

CaptainToad101
1 year ago#3
So this ability is pretty neat, too bad there's no alternate costumes for it. I like the sleep to recover health ability, but it's other moves are alright too. The bubble might make for a good trap, especially combined with the Y attack that makes your opponents doze off. It would be a great setup to blow a bubble, fire it, then make an unsuspecting opponent fall asleep in its path. That is, if you're really lucky. It also has a pretty good aerial attack, similar to Sword's but with a lot more landing lag.

Overall, this ability was better than I expected, although I think I still prefer other abilities. It's a pretty fun to use.

User Info: ItsRainingGravy

ItsRainingGravy
1 year ago#4
Unofficial patch notes:

+Beetle Buff. The ground shockwave hitbox for Slamming Drill has increased from 50 dmg to 70 dmg.
+Ice Buff. Ice Breath damage increased from 100 dmg to 120 dmg. (Um, Ice was already good guys lol)
+Hammer/King DeDeDe buff. Seems as though the hitboxes on Hammer Twirl are easier to link together now.
+King DeDeDe buff? Might be placebo, but hitboxes on DeDeDe Hammer Throw also seem easier to link together now, too.
+Doctor buff? Might also be placebo, but the throwing speed on Bouncing Capsule seems to be faster.
+Waddle Dee buff? Final buff that might just be placebo, but his Aqua Shot seems to be faster as well.

Sleep damage values:

431 = Nighty Nightcap setup -> *Burst Bubble from a distance* -> Pillow Attack -> Pillow Uppercut -> Burst Bubble Combo
340 = Burst Bubble (Does a bit more than what I expected it to)
278 = Pillow B&B (Damage scaled)
170 = Pillow Takedown (Holy crap this thing hurts)
130 = Spinning Pillow Dive (65x2)
080 = Pillow Uppercut
045 = Pillow Attack
000 = Sweet Dreams
---
030 = Nighty Nightcap (Bonkers only)

Jab resets, grab cancels, and other advanced moves have been untouched and are all still in the game/work like how they did previously. Didn't see any other changes with the abilities. There might be some subtle hitbox changes or Boost Orb changes and whatnot, but I don't feel like testing those. Would be too difficult/time consuming for this game, lol.

Oh yeah, and since I never posted this before, here's how many hits it takes for Ice to freeze somebody:

1/2 = Ice Breath (50%)
1/3 = Ice Sprinkle (33.33%)
1/5 = Ice Ball (20%) *only 1 hit per Ice Ball will count though*
---
0/0 = Ice Wall (it's a different freeze)
Hatchetfox: "Little Mac is obviously a photoshopped Little Mac."

User Info: ItsRainingGravy

ItsRainingGravy
1 year ago#5
Made a slight error:

Ice Sprinkle's freeze value is 35%.

Everything else is correct.

EDIT: Two unlisted attack properties from my damage value topic.

Ice Wall: Automatically freezes someone if it drops on their head in Side View battles. (Damage seems to be ~150?)
Mirror: Mirror Body does 80 damage when the Kirby copies recombine into one again. (Also has invincibility to it too)
Hatchetfox: "Little Mac is obviously a photoshopped Little Mac."

CaptainToad101
1 year ago#6
Great, ice was already giving me enough trouble as is. Cool to see them actually balancing the game though, instead of outright abandoning it. I wonder if they'll add anything else in a future update.

User Info: Highsupershifty

Highsupershifty
1 year ago#7
tier lists for this game
Hi. :3

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
1 year ago#8
The update is fantastic! If another player disconnects you get 15 points added to your score. I think that's pretty nice. The Sleep ability is actually really neat! I certainly don't think I can play as great with it as say the Beetle or the Whip ability but I like the set up of the Sleep ability. I'm still bummed that the new abilities added won't also add in new costumes. But all in all I'm quite happy with the update in general and am looking forward to more content.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened?
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, DA: 4E00-0016-93ED
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby Battle Royale
  3. The Sleep ability update has been released.
  • Topic Archived