• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RPGs - Role Playing Games
  3. Encourage me one way or the other: Buy a Switch when I have a backlog of RPGs

User Info: Vysion_of_books

Vysion_of_books
1 week ago#21
Thanks for the purchase advice everyone. I really appreciate @JunpeiIori's comment on backlogs. It hits home.

@Drethrake, I do own all of the games in the backlog..er..library (Thanks @Daymos256 for the vocabulary change.)

So far... no Switch purchased.

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles with the determination of finishing it. I played it on the Wii years ago but only halfway. I'm well past that point now on my playthrough on the 3DS. I'm eager to actually complete XC therefore my gameplaying time is reserved for this one game. If not, I might be more committed to a Switch purchase. After all, those amazing RPGs I never got to play on console are either on or coming to Switch. Yet I can say the same looking back at my library with its own amazing RPGs.

I'm at the point where I can stave off the Switch purchase by looking at my library of unplayed games. But the balancing point remains fluid. An itch to buy games never goes away and my current handhelds are complete in terms of remaining acquisitions. That leaves nothing left to buy. I may still announce a Switch purchase by year-end. For now I'm keeping the Switch and those games in an Amazon wish list so I can easily watch the prices. Yet that also means I can easily drool over them. Ugh. I mean... yeah games! {firstworldproblems}
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
6 days ago#22
Before I answer, I wannt ask you this.

You said that you've only complete 2 games so far this year. Why is that?
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like Indie games!

User Info: lucthelad

lucthelad
6 days ago#23
BRIGANDINE: LEGEND OF RUNERSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Only on Nintendo Switch. Therefore, we all must buy a Nintendo Switch and Brigandine: Legend of Runersia. :)

And yes, I am going to be posting about this game in every topic I possibly can. :)
<cite>HelpMePlox posted...</cite>
A 1:3 ratio would mean that out of a 100 RPG's, 66.6 would be J and 33.3 would be W.

User Info: Vysion_of_books

Vysion_of_books
5 days ago#24
Superrpgman posted...
Before I answer, I wannt ask you this.

You said that you've only complete 2 games so far this year. Why is that?

Good recall @Superrpgman from the other post. Typically it's boredom with my current game. When I know I have so many other titles and only so much life left (in general, nothing specific), I jump to another game I own. I want to be having fun, not doing chores. That's why grind games are less appealing.

However I do enjoy exploration and story. My top games have been Beyond Good & Evil, Morrowind, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and Xenoblade Chronicles. I did not even complete Morrowind but had fun playing with a hundred mods. I've yet to complete XC but it's the game I'm currently playing on 3DS (I stopped playing halfway years ago on Wii).

[Edit] I'll add that of my lifetime favorite games, the Switch has some of their sequels or spiritual successors. That's why it is so appealing (since I never played them).
Morrowind --> Skyrim, The Witcher III
Xenoblade Chronices --> XC2 (though I'm aware it reviewed lower)
Diablo I and II --> Diablo III
Fire Emblem series --> Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Banner Saga Trilogy
Valkyria Chronicles II --> VC4
and I always meant to get around to Planescape Torment (which I own on PC but it probably won't run -- I don't game on PC anyway)

[Edit 2] I think for now (September) I'll wait and see how the Switch Lite reviews go. Although the Switch's bigger screen sounds appealing, the D-pad and possibly ease of holding make the Lite more likely to be bought. Instead I'll spend this month's funds on some of the PSN's Big in Japan sale on Vita RPGs. I mean I could buy a Switch game in advance of owning the system but that seems worse than buying games I might not get to.
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
5 days ago#25
Sounds like you need a change of pace, and being able to play more recent games would help.
FC: SW-3046-2401-0737
Add me, esppecially if you like Indie games!
  1. Boards
  2. RPGs - Role Playing Games
  3. Encourage me one way or the other: Buy a Switch when I have a backlog of RPGs
  • Post New Message