• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CreekCo

CreekCo
3 months ago#1
In case you didn't know:

https://youtu.be/K8foDBekOYM

I wish it was a joke. TotalBiscuit died recently too and with this, there are very few relevant content creators left who cover our genre. There's Jim Sterling as basically the last man standing.
*Triggered*

User Info: Solar1214

Solar1214
3 months ago#2
Haven't watched them in years, but they were one of the few I actually DID care to watch. So this kind of sucks in that nostalgia kind of way.

User Info: AlexMCS

AlexMCS
3 months ago#3
Who?

Anyways, I don't bother following any youtuber, I barely even use it, no wonder I don't know them.
I also don't think it has any impact on the genre whatsoever so...

User Info: Solar1214

Solar1214
3 months ago#4
AlexMCS posted...
Who?

Anyways, I don't bother following any youtuber, I barely even use it, no wonder I don't know them.
I also don't think it has any impact on the genre whatsoever so...

I mainly only know them because I'm into fighting games. They had a decent amount of content focused around them.

CreekCo
3 months ago#5
They were are really, really good LP channel. Lots of niche titles would get reviewed there along with fighting games. They did a really good LP of Detroit: Become Human recently that actually cemented me buying a PS4. I wouldn't have pulled the trigger otherwise. Basically they were a really positive, likeminded content creator and I guess I really mourn the death of their friendship. I've lost several strong internet and personal relationships/friendships this year so I can relate. 2018 has been tough.
*Triggered*

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
3 months ago#6
Never saw the appeal of watching other people play through a game, myself. Judging from the reactions to the channel's demise, though, they were a well-loved bunch.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: Fiyun

Fiyun
3 months ago#7
@Shotgunnova posted...
Never saw the appeal of watching other people play through a game, myself. Judging from the reactions to the channel's demise, though, they were a well-loved bunch.

Sometimes background noise, other times you weren't going or could get the game yourself/were curious, or because of the people themselves playing.
"And my cat may have sucked, but he was the finest sucky cat on this god-forsaken rock!" - Borderlands http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight

CreekCo
3 months ago#8
@Shotgunnova They got a lot of people into niche titles that otherwise would not have gotten any coverage. I think Yakuza 0 in particular was a LP a lot of people appreciated. Watching them stumble through David Cage games was something... Detroit sadly being the last. I used to champion niche games and developers a lot so I really appreciated guys who were out there doing the same thing.

Their fighting games series and anime titles series were the first things I saw from them though. This also makes me sad to think of other channels going down... one day, Kikoskia's X-Com challenges aren't going to be up there either :(
*Triggered*

User Info: AlexMCS

AlexMCS
3 months ago#9
Considering what has been said in the topic tho... too bad then :/
@Solar1214 - I'm in the FGC (mainly ArcSys games) too, still never heard of them.
@Shotgunnova - The appeal of LPs, to me, is just to get to see the plot of a game that, while I would enjoy the story, I wouldn't touch the gameplay. Even then, I only bother going through screenshot + text LPs, not really into videos. Other than that, I enjoy watching some AGDQ speedruns, especially the races.

CreekCo
3 months ago#10
Kinda the end of an era. They kinda reminded me of how I'd imagine people on this board interacting if they were able to met up and play random games circa 2007-2013. The backstory to how Matt and Pat met has heavy parallels to the origins of the general thread here and I thought it rather ironic if not explicitly mentioned here. Basically, the RPGEE General Thread is the last major mash up sort of place on the internet where that sort of vibe still exists. There's other sites and boards but it's not the same as each has a specific focus or another.
*Triggered*
  • Topic Archived