• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Double Dragon IV
  3. FAQ submitted w/movelists, data, strategies, etc. (PS4)

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
1 year ago#1
Hey all

Hopefully they go through content review soon, but I've finally completed a very ugly version of a FAQ for this game that has all the moves, all the damages, etc. It's purely from my playing the game.

I really hope this guide helps newcomers even though there is maybe a lot of information to digest inside.

It's on the board for the PS4 version of the game here at GameFAQs. I haven't played the Switch or Steam versions but I'm pretty sure there's no difference except maybe the Trophies and buttons (obviously).
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
1 year ago#2
Had some time last night so I actually updated it. Probably up soon.

Anyway, among other little tweaks:

Confirmed the following moves are invulnerable:
- Billy/Jimmy's crouch P, crouch K, and Whirlwind Kick (K at peak of jump)
- Sonny's crouch P and Whirlwind Kick (S2) (still unsure what causes damage spike--maybe counterhit??)
- Chin Taimei's Backflip Special (S3) and Forward Leap -> Backflip Special (S1 -> P)
- Kodani's Jumping Headbutt (crouch P) and Jumping Belly Bump (crouch K)--but only at the start of move
- Mysterious Warrior's crouch P (only at start) and crouch K (only while charging power before attack)

Confirmed the following moves are NOT invulnerable:
- Any "Crouch" Special such as Yamazaki's S1 (not invulnerable for players :\ )
- Ayumi's Back Jump Special (S3) or the Back Jumps off her S1
- Abobo's Shoulder Charge (S2 -> P)
- Right Arm's Spin Kick (S2)
- Burnov's crouch during his S1
- Williams's cartwheels (not even at the start)

Pretty sure the invulnerable thing is locked down.

Also fixed some damages such as the bullets for the Okadas and the Kodani shoulder charge, etc.

Rewrite and more detail for Story and Tower Modes probably coming in the next big update.

I think it will automatically link FAQs to the Switch version but if not check the PS4 one.
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
  1. Boards
  2. Double Dragon IV
  3. FAQ submitted w/movelists, data, strategies, etc. (PS4)
  • Topic Archived