• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. Stuck to the point of being ready to quit...

User Info: MkScorpion4400

MkScorpion4400
1 month ago#1
Chapter 9. I'm level 32. Raoh kept kicking my arse at level 42. I'm sight disabled, one good eye, game is on "easy" difficulty btw. I go to Toki, not enough unlocked to do any training (nevermind the fact it says I have five unlockables.) Fight in the coliseum. Get another skill orb & body orb, still nothing.

But what has me ready to delete the save and trade the game in is the stupid coliseum. I've lost FIVE TIMES in the electrified cage. Because of dealing with idiots who have the circle above their health bar, yet manage to block everything I do. I get bum rushed, can't get up fast enough before getting knocked down again.

How am I supposed to "get stronger" if 1. there is no way of leveling up? 2. I can't unlock anymore training and 3. I keep getting taken out by cheap as *crap* AI?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

User Info: MarvelFireBird

MarvelFireBird
1 month ago#2
Try going to the Wastelands and fighting various enemies there to level, then return to the Colosseum. Also, have you been doing substories and minigames? They are other ways to level.

MkScorpion4400
1 month ago#3
I suck at rhythm mini games, so Doctor Ken is out. Manager Ken, I struggled with the controls. Going to the wasteland, I guess as long as you watch your gas? Have done what substories I could find. But won't let me do bounty missions now. Every time I try, some garbage about having to keep focused on the task at hand.

I'm just trying to get stronger somehow so that I can move on with the story.

User Info: NeoRamza

NeoRamza
1 month ago#4
I just loaded up my save file from that point in the story (I kept one save before every boss), and I was level 50 at that point while playing on normal, just as a reference point. There are two places in the wasteland you could try out if you haven't, and you can reach both of them at this stage of the game, though you may need tires than can traverse spikes, and a bumper that can destroy boulders. Anyway, I just tried them out myself and here are the results:

Central Wasteland (south) near the Canyon Village. The enemies I fought were level 42, and it took me around 3 fights to go from level 50 to 51.

Southern Dunes (southwest). The enemies I fought were level 27, and it took me around 6~7 fights to go from level 50 to 51.

Maybe there's some faster way to level up though, or maybe you've already beaten Raoh, but I just thought I'd mention this as an option.
PSN: DemoNova

MkScorpion4400
1 month ago#5
NeoRamza posted...
I just loaded up my save file from that point in the story (I kept one save before every boss), and I was level 50 at that point while playing on normal, just as a reference point. There are two places in the wasteland you could try out if you haven't, and you can reach both of them at this stage of the game, though you may need tires than can traverse spikes, and a bumper that can destroy boulders. Anyway, I just tried them out myself and here are the results:

Central Wasteland (south) near the Canyon Village. The enemies I fought were level 42, and it took me around 3 fights to go from level 50 to 51.

Southern Dunes (southwest). The enemies I fought were level 27, and it took me around 6~7 fights to go from level 50 to 51.

Maybe there's some faster way to level up though, or maybe you've already beaten Raoh, but I just thought I'd mention this as an option.

I appreciate the feedback. Am at level 32. Buggy can get to where Raoh is, IDK anywhere else. Raoh kept kicking my arse, thus trying to level up to at least 33 or 34. Get something that will help. Right now feel stuck.

User Info: NERVE_STRIKES

NERVE_STRIKES
1 month ago#6
You have to have a strong will and fighting spirit to triumph. I possess a will made of tempered steel and am incredibly difficult to defeat. There is no other way.
Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value.

MkScorpion4400
4 weeks ago#7
NERVE_STRIKES posted...
You have to have a strong will and fighting spirit to triumph. I possess a will made of tempered steel and am incredibly difficult to defeat. There is no other way.

If patience is truly a virtue, then I am without virtue. When there are games coming out that I care about, don't want to feel as if I'm wasting my time.
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. Stuck to the point of being ready to quit...
  • Post New Message