• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. Hostess club progression issue.

User Info: johndoe3e3e3e

johndoe3e3e3e
1 month ago#1
Read CyricZ's guide, but it makes no mention of this issue. Only one other poster had a similar issue.

I am in chapter 11, after previously beating the game. I've completed 25 missions - last one being "profit margins" - but no more missions are unlocking now.

I've got 13 hostesses, some from around the city, none from the Wasteland.

I just don't understand why the unlocking of further missions seems to be impeded. It can't be related to main campaign progression, as I've already completed the game.

Please help!

User Info: CyricZ

CyricZ
1 month ago#2
Uh... get the ones from the Wasteland is my best advice.

Let me know how you progress with that. If there's information that could make my guide more correct, I'd super appreciate it.
CyricZ

johndoe3e3e3e
1 month ago#3
CyricZ posted...
Uh... get the ones from the Wasteland is my best advice.

Let me know how you progress with that. If there's information that could make my guide more correct, I'd super appreciate it.

Hmmmm... So I went through your list.

I am now missing only 2-3 Wasteland hostesses. Just checked back in at the nightclub, and the mission unlocks have not changed.

Will chase down the last few in the next hour. I would suggest that there is a potential progression roadblock to a player's ability to unlock all nightclub missions without having previously obtained all available hostesses, assuming your theory is correct.
(edited 1 month ago)

CyricZ
1 month ago#4
Well if you get them all and it still hasn't clicked, then there's something else. What's your progress on substories?
CyricZ

johndoe3e3e3e
1 month ago#5
I feel you need to hold up, massively.

I have had to jump through hoops already.

Bartending to get the junk shop owner to sell me an engine that can deal with quicksand.

The junk shop owner did not sell such a thing. I wasted an hour on this misrepresentation, Lol.

You made a guide that was fundamentally imbalanced due to not being able to play certain derivative plot pathways to their logical conclusion.
(edited 1 month ago)

CyricZ
1 month ago#6
O... kay. You know the only quicksand in the entire game is completely avoidable, right? Getting an engine that can deal with it is more a convenience or a bragging rights reward than anything. Regardless, the means there are all correct. The problem with trying to get most parts is that they're broken and you'll need materials to repair them, so yes you get the Thoroughbred Engine Neo from the Junker once you finish his Bartending storyline, but it's still broken and repairing it takes a lot.
CyricZ

johndoe3e3e3e
1 month ago#7
I actually found the fact that the quicksand was avoidable from an entirely seperate guide.

However, I'm with you so far. However, your guide does not explain these wrinkles at all. You seem to expect the player to know what you know, play as you play.

You have some obvious gaps in explanatory power. I'm just letting you know.

Thoroughbred engine Neo remains nonexistent in my Junker's inventory, btw. This is despite maxxing his relationship through the bartending minigame.
(edited 1 month ago)

johndoe3e3e3e
1 month ago#8
I'm now only missing a few hostesses. Coming back to the club with those that I have recruited from the Wasteland has had no impact on available missions.

I'll continue tomorrow.

CyricZ
1 month ago#9
johndoe3e3e3e posted...
Thoroughbred engine Neo remains nonexistent in my Junker's inventory, btw.

Is it not in your Buggy Parts list?
CyricZ
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. Hostess club progression issue.
  • Post New Message