• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. FotNS fans - Did they just shoehorn an anime into a Yakuza game or does it fit?

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
8 months ago#1
I was curious, since it has all the Yakuza stuff like substories, heat moves and daft side-jobs and activities. (I don't know anything about FotNS outside of what I've played in this game.)

Does that make ANY sense for this anime series? Does Kiryu, Majima and whoever else's voices fit? Is FotNS silly yet serious like Yakuza? Does Ken do menial jobs around town in the anime? Is he the town's Batman in the anime like Kiryu and game-Ken are?

Or was it just a shameless cash-grab to get people to sell a 'new' game of a (I presume) popular franchise without really making a new game at all?
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying

User Info: KingRocc

KingRocc
8 months ago#2
I personally would've preferred the Ken's Rage cast on this game.

I haven't seen all of FotNS, but I do remember there being times were he stood up for the common person: saving two children that became his sidekicks, killing thieves that rais villages, etc.

Calling this a "shameless cash grab" is an astronomically s***ty take though.
Put TheSuperItachi on your ignore list. #MakeGamefaqsDecentishAgain

User Info: NERVE_STRIKES

NERVE_STRIKES
8 months ago#3
It's a good game. It all fits together well. It's very Yakuza but with extensions in gameplay. Yes in the anime Ken always solved a town or personal issue. Ken fights any evil it's the duty of the fist of the north star. He also will do small things for good people.
Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
8 months ago#4
No, it doesn't fit.

The club management garbage is completely out of character for Kenshiro and only exists because it was copied/pasted over from Yakuza with no changes whatsoever.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: Ren2

Ren2
8 months ago#5
@LordRattergun posted...
The club management garbage is completely out of character for Kenshiro and only exists because it was copied/pasted over from Yakuza with no changes whatsoever.

Seems like you have not even played it, or properly observed. There are several substantial changes compared to the Yakuza games, so no it wasn't copy pasted.

User Info: AnikiGrim

AnikiGrim
8 months ago#6
The heat moves fit perfectly because FotNS is all about the characters doing crazy signature moves with insane properties to each other. The combat in the game was very fun. The voices do fit, Jagi in particular is almost impossible to f*** up, all you need to voice act Jagi is a mixture of rage and psychopathy. Also, side stories where Ken helps out some kid or a family or whatever also does fit, Kenshiro regularly goes on to help people in need.

However, the story is pretty poor and a lot of the character arcs seem to be shoehorned in to fit with the game's insistence of basing it around the game-original location Eden. In the manga and anime, Ken is pretty much always on the move because there's always another bad guy to fight and a bigger bad guy behind all of this to beat. Anyways, as I said before with characters being shoehorned in, Raoh and Souther's boss fights in the game when it comes to story was a letdown. It was just "Arrive, raise hell, get ass kicked by Ken, leave". Another thing that is perplexing was making even the Shin battle non-canon, especially since Shin committing suicide to prevent himself from being beaten by Kenshiro's technique was a big part of the original fight.
I think they should've done something like the well-known spin-off manga and anime do, which is make it its own original story from the get go with Ken going on a brand new adventure but still having a connection to the original lore, like the prequel anime/manga where Ken goes to some town and in the process by pure chance gets to meet Shin's former master and one of Shin's training partners.
(edited 8 months ago)

TrulyEpicLawls
7 months ago#7
Ren2 posted...
@LordRattergun posted...

Seems like you have not even played it, or properly observed. There are several substantial changes compared to the Yakuza games, so no it wasn't copy pasted.

While doing the rounds abusing people on this site, you always say you don't have a certain condition, but yet again you struggle with metaphors and taking things literally.

On a completely unrelated subject, this is a big part of certain conditions...
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, (you) clearly, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
7 months ago#8
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
While doing the rounds abusing people on this site, you always say you don't have a certain condition, but yet again you struggle with metaphors and taking things literally.

LordRattergun is a known troll and big time racist and sexist, just so you know.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.
(edited 7 months ago)

TrulyEpicLawls
7 months ago#9
Raeng posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

LordRattergun is a known troll and big time racist and sexist, just so you know.

https://youtu.be/Gqw1FI1hfJA
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, (you) clearly, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying

User Info: Kaldrenthebold

Kaldrenthebold
6 months ago#10
I love it. It feels like a really great what if story. It takes a lot of the story from the first two seasons, mixes it up, and then dumps it into an original location and original story. Rei gets more time to shine here as well.

It feels like yakuza, but with a lot of care to make it feel like fotns. The combat and special hokuto shinken moves are awesome and ripped straight from the show. And the Japanese voice work is great
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u223/chocolateFRESH/arts/kraid.png - Thanks GP cosmonaut!
http://i.imgur.com/TuJWAR8.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. FotNS fans - Did they just shoehorn an anime into a Yakuza game or does it fit?
  • Post New Message