• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. The Yakuza team chose HnK so they didn't have to make a strong female character.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
8 months ago#1
It's not exactly a secret that the Yakuza series is absolutely abysmal when it comes to their treatment of women. So of course they would pick one of the most blatantly sexist manga to adapt when making a crossover.

Why couldn't one of the Lost Paradise original characters be a female martial artist? Did we really need "Good Jagi", complete with the same weapon? Nanto has 108 styles, is there not one whose successor is a woman? And no, Yuria absolutely does not count. The series treats her as an inanimate object.

They even managed to almost completely write out Mamiya, confining her to one sidestory where she doesn't even have a voice. Just embarrassing and really telling of the mentality the Yakuza devs have.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: NERVE_STRIKES

NERVE_STRIKES
8 months ago#2
I'm just glad they made the game it's great. There were some female warriors in the series. This is about kenshiro and he is great.
Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value.

User Info: Altrus02

Altrus02
8 months ago#3
The fact that you want to turn a simple thing like a video game into a SJW issue is really telling of the mentality you have.

User Info: CyricZ

CyricZ
8 months ago#4
That assumes he's arguing in good faith to begin with, which he has displayed no evidence of.
CyricZ

User Info: pb409

pb409
8 months ago#5
Shut the F up TC.

User Info: AnikiGrim

AnikiGrim
8 months ago#6
I know that OP is trolling, but let's get real: Despite being more of a plot device than a character, when you think about it Yuria is one of the most powerful characters in the series and she doesn't even need to beat anyone up with magic kung fu. Pretty much anyone who meets her gets captivated by her. Kenshiro and Shin fell in love with her, while Toki, Raoh and Juza also fell in love with her in the past. Before the war, she turned the heart of one of the most notorious outlaws by putting a puppy in his hand, which made him not only immediately swear his life to protect her, but to protect the lives of any orphans he'd meet. She singlehandedly dismantled the entirety of Raoh's invading army by just telling them that destroying the Nanto capital is wrong. Her natural charisma makes the charisma that the Star of Enchantment (Yuda) is supposed to posses pretty much trivial. Though I guess Yuda makes up for it by being a master schemer.

Prove me wrong. You can't.

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
8 months ago#7
Maybe it's because Japan has a different culture than the one you're used to Ratter? Ever thought about that? Go to Japan one day, I did. You'd be surprised how different things can be a few borders away. Don't be so racist.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: DeathProfit

DeathProfit
8 months ago#8
When did kotaku audience start leaking into Gamefaqs?
"Here abandoned in my fame, armageddon of the brain..." - Michael Jackson
- Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous. -

User Info: ThatGuy10

ThatGuy10
7 months ago#9
LordRattergun posted...
It's not exactly a secret that the Yakuza series is absolutely abysmal when it comes to their treatment of women. So of course they would pick one of the most blatantly sexist manga to adapt when making a crossover.

Why couldn't one of the Lost Paradise original characters be a female martial artist? Did we really need "Good Jagi", complete with the same weapon? Nanto has 108 styles, is there not one whose successor is a woman? And no, Yuria absolutely does not count. The series treats her as an inanimate object.

They even managed to almost completely write out Mamiya, confining her to one sidestory where she doesn't even have a voice. Just embarrassing and really telling of the mentality the Yakuza devs have.

https://i.imgtc.com/tDKfyOL.gif

User Info: Ryo_chan

Ryo_chan
7 months ago#10
Now even kenshiro is sexist lol.

You should be grateful that Sega is probably one of the few developers that continue to work without being conditioned by the mass hysteria of the american SJW.

Look at what they did to the last of us 2, now that is a sexist SJW-friendly game...
  1. Boards
  2. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
  3. The Yakuza team chose HnK so they didn't have to make a strong female character.
  • Post New Message