• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. Played the SNES and it was too hard

User Info: reapertorch

reapertorch
6 months ago#1
So I bought the Collection of Mana for the Switch, excited for Secret of Mana since I already played the amazing Trials of Mana remake and wow was that game hard. I quit right before the Fire Gigas boss because of the goblins and then the boss fight itself with Fire Gigas. Is the remake any easier? I just bought it and played up to the Water Palace and meeting Gemma there. So far I'm liking the style of graphics and I switched the soundtrack to original.

User Info: badboy

badboy
6 months ago#2
I don't know about the collection but this remake has autosave when you move between screens, so it makes things easier. I finished the original game, it was not difficult. There are difficulty spikes here and there but they're managable. Once you get to know how to play in combat properly it is really a piece of cake.

User Info: XMI2

XMI2
6 months ago#3
Both games are way too easy, to the point I personally don't find either game fun at all. Fire Gigas is a piece of cake, level Undine to level 1 and just spam Freeze. Dead.

Make sure you equip the best armor available also.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
6 months ago#4
SNES Mana is not hard at all. There will be times you will get wiped out, but that’s normal.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
4 months ago#5
Magic trivialises this game. It's broken once you get Sprite and Undine. With magic locking an enemy in place and even Primm later being able to damage cast alongside Sprite/Popoi the whole experience is a little insulting.

Still this is SoM as it always was.
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

User Info: gdogghenrikson

gdogghenrikson
4 months ago#6
Bass_X0 posted...
SNES Mana is not hard at all. There will be times you will get wiped out, but that’s normal.

User Info: Vincent7th

Vincent7th
4 months ago#7
Rude Hero posted...
Magic trivialises this game.
This. I played the original as a kid and we ignored magic in play throughs for some reason back then. We favored the mostly worthless charge attacks instead coming hot off of ALttP. I started up a new game in this version the other day and I’m shocked with how I’m steamrolling the game with typical buff and offensive magic use. It’s actually kind of relaxing.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. Played the SNES and it was too hard
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A