• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. PS4 crashing when using Flammie.

User Info: eyotic_darg

eyotic_darg
8 months ago#1
I'm using a PS4 Pro. This has happened to me both using the disc version and the digital version of the game. When you first acquire Flammie, as soon as the game switches to the overworld map the game & PS4 do a hard crash. I turned off Boost mode on my PS4 Pro and it only helped for a short while, but the game began hard crashing my PS4 at later points when I'd summon Flammie (even with Boost mode turned off).

I've tried running the game on the disc version with v1.00 and v1.03 and it's made no difference. I've honestly only seen 1-2 other people post about this online, but no one had a solution. Maybe the bug is uncommon enough that Square can't be bothered to release a patch for it? I have no clue. I've never had a gamebreaking bug like this come up that had no workaround :(

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's the result of me installing a hybrid HDD in my PS4 (it's faster than a standard HDD), and it's loading the Flammie/overworld map too quickly before all the models/textures/other assets are ready... just a theory though :\
My staples: Dark Souls, In the Groove, Super Meat Boy, Touhou, Ys
PSN: dargon_lover

User Info: Tizgrilo

Tizgrilo
3 months ago#2
The same is happening to me and I didn't install anything like hybrid HDD.

Tried disabling boost mode and nothing changes.

With me it happens randomly when I summon Flammie. PS4 Pro cooler sky rocket and game crashes.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. PS4 crashing when using Flammie.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A