• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. Upper Lands Difficulty Spike

User Info: Persona5GOAT

Persona5GOAT
9 months ago#1
What the hell is wrong with this part of the game?!? Too many status effects (literally every 2 or 3 seconds i'm hit with another), enemies come out of nowhere, hit way too hard, and take a billion hits to kill. I've upgraded the weapons all i can but it's no use, and a lot of enemies apparently have infinite evasion. I bought the armor that's available but it's still crap. Hell, i'm probably overleveled (22) but this crap is just kicking my ass. Am i missing something or can i just delete this bulls*** and move on? leveling takes way to long to be worth it if that's what i need to do.

User Info: Meech55

Meech55
9 months ago#2
Persona5GOAT posted...
What the hell is wrong with this part of the game?!? Too many status effects (literally every 2 or 3 seconds i'm hit with another), enemies come out of nowhere, hit way too hard, and take a billion hits to kill. I've upgraded the weapons all i can but it's no use, and a lot of enemies apparently have infinite evasion. I bought the armor that's available but it's still crap. Hell, i'm probably overleveled (22) but this crap is just kicking my ass. Am i missing something or can i just delete this bulls*** and move on? leveling takes way to long to be worth it if that's what i need to do.

The next area of the game is worse, so brace yourself haha.

I just passed through this area, and my advice would be to level up your magic spells here.

For example, I had Popoi cast water, earth, and wind spells on "mobs" of enemies to deal with crowd control. Otherwise, you will be overwhelmed by large groups of monsters and your attacks will keep missing lol.

Use Primm to support your team with defensive and evasion boosting spells. Let the Randi be the tank and physically attack enemies. It also helps to adjust the ally AI depending on your situation. For example, when I am attacked by large groups of enemies, I make my allies target monsters that I am currently not focused on. Otherwise, your allies will just blindly follow you while getting railed on by monsters from behind.

Also, the Wind Shrine is the best place in the game to level up magic spells for Primm because she gains a full 1 percent (I think?) for every spell cast. Your magic levels up faster when your characters have their weapons out, and Popoi's grandfather can heal you when you run out of MP.
I have no signature.

User Info: Persona5GOAT

Persona5GOAT
9 months ago#3
I guess i should work on the spells, but with such low mp it's a real hassle. i finally grinded to lvl 24 and got new armor from the mushrooms and suddenly it's a lot better, though the high evasion/constant status spamming makes it still almost unmanageable at times.
good lord
i really wish i could register more than two spells for quick casting at a time. thanks for the heads up about the next area looks like i'll be running around spamming spells for a bit

User Info: Meech55

Meech55
9 months ago#4
Persona5GOAT posted...
I guess i should work on the spells, but with such low mp it's a real hassle. i finally grinded to lvl 24 and got new armor from the mushrooms and suddenly it's a lot better, though the high evasion/constant status spamming makes it still almost unmanageable at times.
good lord
i really wish i could register more than two spells for quick casting at a time. thanks for the heads up about the next area looks like i'll be running around spamming spells for a bit

Yeah the evasion rate/missing rate on normal enemies is absurd. I thought it was the game's way of telling me I needed to change up my weapons, but I don't think that's the case. I think the game is just flat out broken lol.

I have no signature.

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
8 months ago#5
Bro, it seems you didn't buy the armor from Neko at the sunken palace

Also, stone saber and moon energy is all you need to beat 99% of the game

The other 1% being Dryad at lvl 4 on both casters for the final boss
You cannot stop me from getting inside
I am cold, I am hard and my name... is Reality

User Info: kingbob808

kingbob808
8 months ago#6
If you are controlling Randi, throw one spell for each of the others on the shoulder buttons and just constantly spam them. You will level up quickly enough to refill your MP as you go. Don't even have to slow down
Spoilers above
PoGo Friend Code 8822 3437 8149
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. Upper Lands Difficulty Spike
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A