• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. What is up with maximum levels in this game?

User Info: Immature_Sage

Immature_Sage
11 months ago#1
Hello! So my characters are level 78-79 and after, doing my research, I have found that the maximum level for weapons and magic is 8:99. A strange number, but OK.

Now, with spells there is no problem, I have several at level 8 and the % keeps going up per use and have already seen some changes like the fireball spell becoming 3 dragons that attack and explode on a target every once in a while.

No, the problem I have is with weapons. I know that the higher level the character is the harder it is to level weapons as well as there being issues due to exp sharing when it comes to weapon exp. However, I have been using my level 8, max orb (weapon description says "The most powerful spear!" and such) all throughout the Mana Fortress and nothing, not a single % increase. I read around a bit more and I read that you get 1 point of exp from even the weakest of enemies so I went back the beginning areas and cleared out the screen a couple of times and nothing, not a single percentage point. What gives?

Do I need something first? To level up weapons past 8:00 to 8:99? Or is 8:00 the maximum??
Some clarification on this issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
Intelligence is the ultimate strength, and wisdom is the ultimate power. This knowledge is the cornerstone that can become the foundation.

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
11 months ago#2
Love video game much as life it self=)

User Info: LiteYear

LiteYear
10 months ago#3
8:99 is the maximum for every weapon other than the sword, which is 8:00 (not counting orb duplication). However, unfortunately, you have to play a bit unorthodox to be able to do it. While it's true that the character gets 1 weapon exp for killing an enemy with a level 8 weapon, if your level is too high compared to the enemy, the game applies a 1/2 penalty, and the game rounds 0.5 down to 0. The highest leveled enemy in the game is the terminator at lv. 69, so unfortunately, you're too high leveled to get exp directly.

The way that it's done is to manipulate the weapon bleed. When a character kills an enemy, the other two characters get 1/2 the experience the killing character gained for their currently equipped weapon. This is generally done by keeping the Sword at level 5 (because it can't get its 9th orb without glitches). That way, when the sword wielding character kills an enemy, the other two characters get 1 exp for their weapon (4 * 0.5 * 0.5).
'After you're done rinsing in the honey mustard, Lord Xykon will give you your garnish.'
Xykon: Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
10 months ago#4
LiteYear posted...
8:99 is the maximum for every weapon other than the sword, which is 8:00 (not counting orb duplication). However, unfortunately, you have to play a bit unorthodox to be able to do it. While it's true that the character gets 1 weapon exp for killing an enemy with a level 8 weapon, if your level is too high compared to the enemy, the game applies a 1/2 penalty, and the game rounds 0.5 down to 0. The highest leveled enemy in the game is the terminator at lv. 69, so unfortunately, you're too high leveled to get exp directly.

The way that it's done is to manipulate the weapon bleed. When a character kills an enemy, the other two characters get 1/2 the experience the killing character gained for their currently equipped weapon. This is generally done by keeping the Sword at level 5 (because it can't get its 9th orb without glitches). That way, when the sword wielding character kills an enemy, the other two characters get 1 exp for their weapon (4 * 0.5 * 0.5).

Thanks for the write up. I was really annoyed when leveling weapons seemed to slow down and eventually ground to a halt. So you keep the sword at level 5, grind everything else up to 8:99, and then level the sword up to 8 with everyone and you're maxed out?
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. What is up with maximum levels in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A