• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. Do you HAVE to max the magic for all chars?

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
10 months ago#11
Just wanted to post to say that I finally f***ing did it. I beat the game with some spells at level 8

never again. good remake.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: Gebel

Gebel
10 months ago#12
I enjoyed that platinum though. Getting all spells to level 8 was so doable to me.. probably because I saw my brother do it back in the 90s without the shortcuts.. now that was tedious.

Also I just leveled them whenever I could level them. I didn't do all 8 levels at once (that is pretty tedious still)

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
10 months ago#13
I made sure to grind out magic while going for the rare drops and orbs and just while playing through the game. I always used to conserve magic, but I was burning through my faerie walnuts on a lot of dungeons. You can be pretty liberal with magic use and still have enough for the bosses. I only had to mindlessly grind a couple of spells at the end once I had everything, took maybe 30-40 minutes of dedicated casting to get there.

never again. good remake

It will be a long time for me if I ever play this game again. I played through on the SNES classic a few months before the remaster came out, so I played through it twice in about a 12 month span. It's a fun game but not much replay value for me at this point.

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
10 months ago#14
I would have loved this game were it not for the crashing.

The final dungeon crashed on me thrice, and the only thing stopping me from throwing out the keyboard was the thought of b****ing and wasting my grinded magic for 5 hours straight
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. Do you HAVE to max the magic for all chars?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A