• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. My god this game sucks

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 months ago#1
Most of your attacks miss which is bulls***

The ai is dumb as hell. It gets stuck in a wall often. When you set it to attack enemies not targeted by allies they attack thin air most of the time.

Before updating the game crashes a damn lot

You or the enemy can stun lock each other with magic attacks

Wall magic is glitchy as hell - try casting it on one of your party members and for some reason the magic will bounce to an enemy which in turn will give that enemy a wall buff

The dumb ass mechanic of waiting to get the power meter to 100% before attacking is plain stupidity. Adventures of Mana did it better since there the meter actually fills up faster the more you level up and it doesn't really require you to fill it up in order to deal damage.

In the Pure Lands when grinding for a Griffin Helm the dumb trees block your view.

The over world is confusing as hell because there's no map to know where you even are and what towns and dungeons are in the area

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
4 months ago#2
if you have crap accurecy you will miss.. i never miss my target

angolmoa
4 months ago#3
this game came 1993 what do you expect..gps tracker to ever, every item monster town ect..

you have to talk with ppl and go with the clues how hard can it be

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
4 months ago#4
angolmoa posted...
this game came 1993 what do you expect..gps tracker to ever, every item monster town ect..

you have to talk with ppl and go with the clues how hard can it be

Functional world maps exist since 1988, if not earlier

angolmoa
4 months ago#5
precisly

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
4 months ago#6
In the SNES game missing wasnt a problem as much as it is in the remake. They messed some of the numbers up clearly.
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Best Graphic Novel: Dance of the Sun and Moon

User Info: Dyne_Nuitari

Dyne_Nuitari
4 months ago#7
Wall spell last for 3 magic attacks at level 0 against that character. So you are reflecting a spell while wall is still active.

There is a spell called speed up, in the remake version it gives you 25% accuracy boost for a period of time.

The snes version had crap accuracy as well but it would show up as a 0, empty swing, or miss if the enemy evaded.

Your stamina meter works the same as adventure of mana but instead of using your level, it used your agility stat to increase recovery.

Stun lock with magic was in the snes and was alot easier with lower level magic.

angolmoa
4 months ago#8
never died in secret of mana ever never will..attack accurecy vs monsters speed&defence

User Info: Dyne_Nuitari

Dyne_Nuitari
4 months ago#9
Monster agility or speed just affects how fast they attack and nothing else.

angolmoa
4 months ago#10
no learn the game.. no one played this game more then i am.. more then 10.000 hours
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. My god this game sucks
  • Topic Archived