You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conan Exiles
  3. Is there any point to playing online?

User Info: YummyBear222

YummyBear222
1 month ago#11
I see my two PVE neighbors all the time. They seem to be on 24/7 in fact, because they are always moving and about whenever I'm logged on. They tried to block the path I use all the time so I've had to partially block the other side of the path. They haven't fully blocked their side, yet, so I haven't either. It's just my insurance. They are two playing together and I am just one so it's not exactly a fair "fight" but so far I am "winning". Reason is I keep ending up snagging the named thrall they left behind. I always carry thrall capture equipment with me and my thrall does too, so while they are busy going back to pick up the stuff they need I've already captured "their" thrall. So far their incompetence netted me tier 4 named Blacksmith, Armorer and a Bearer. Oh well!
"Adventures of Beggar Hero Wu Obi, The Romance of Three Kingdoms Story"
http://wuobi1.wixsite.com/wuobi
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
1 month ago#12
tetsuya_shino posted...
Ditto on what the aboveposter said. I've played 10 different online games so far and haven't met a single human player yet. And for the last few games I didn't even try to build anything. I just ran around trying to find some, anyone. lol

Adding a chat box is debatable. But for PvE at least, there is no reason not to show the other players on the map.

Where are they 39 other players. The only time you see people is on a pvp server near the start all killing each other
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: synklare

synklare
4 weeks ago#13
When Ark launched on the Xbox One, myself and a friend put a ridiculous amount of time in to build ourselves up and become a dominant force on a server via recruiting and a merger. We practically had the run of the server, acting as mercs and would accept payment of beasts or mats to attack other groups. We'd give new tribes amnesty though.

After a while, someone within the tribe decided to sell us out, give key info to another tribe on the weaknesses of our base and effectively rinsed us out of key / important beasts and materials.

We then got blasted repeatedly by another large tribe whilst trying to build back up. We said f*** it, and gave our remaining s*** as well as old & newly tamed high level beasts to our neighbour, the biggest tribe on the server and let them have the run of it.

TLDR?

PvP isn't worth the hassle & I'd rather avoid playing with randoms even on a PvE setting. I'll stick to single-played and co-op. Only thing that sucks about co-op is the tether, shame console users don't seem to have it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/Hybridizm/characters
PSN - Hybridizm

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
4 weeks ago#14
synklare posted...
When Ark launched on the Xbox One, myself and a friend put a ridiculous amount of time in to build ourselves up and become a dominant force on a server via recruiting and a merger. We practically had the run of the server, acting as mercs and would accept payment of beasts or mats to attack other groups. We'd give new tribes amnesty though.

After a while, someone within the tribe decided to sell us out, give key info to another tribe on the weaknesses of our base and effectively rinsed us out of key / important beasts and materials.

We then got blasted repeatedly by another large tribe whilst trying to build back up. We said f*** it, and gave our remaining s*** as well as old & newly tamed high level beasts to our neighbour, the biggest tribe on the server and let them have the run of it.

TLDR?

PvP isn't worth the hassle & I'd rather avoid playing with randoms even on a PvE setting. I'll stick to single-played and co-op. Only thing that sucks about co-op is the tether, shame console users don't seem to have it.

Totally agree with your post. Pve people built on top of you and trap you.

Pvp is naked people chasing me

Single player is relaxing
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.
  1. Boards
  2. Conan Exiles
  3. Is there any point to playing online?