• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conan Exiles
  3. Worst bug I've found

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
2 years ago#1
So I logged in today to find my character had died of thirst, and it logged me in at the starting area basically dehydrating. I immediately died before moving, was prompted to respawn at my bed or bedroll, hit bed, and boom. I was back inside my base.

The problems with this are

1) I logged off last night while inside my house. Which means while offline my characters thirst bar kept depleting. That's a huge issue, and shouldn't happen at all. I can understand if someone killed me or something, but that isnt what happened here. Especially since the log showed nothing of the sort. Just that I died of thirst while offline.

2) My body was nowhere to be found, so all the s*** I was carrying is gone. Cant recover it. I'm guessing that my dead body spawned in my house overnight.

Anyone else having this bug? Honestly makes me not want to play until its patched. I didnt have anything serious on my inventory but I did farm up tons of meat and materials, and I live in the north so the weather is a b**** when it comes to food and water.

User Info: FWL_Thanatos

FWL_Thanatos
2 years ago#2
Actually there is offline thirst unless the server has it off or toned down.
PSN [Thanatos357]
XBox gamertag [FWL Thanatos]

Lord_Sniper_IV
2 years ago#3
FWL_Thanatos posted...
Actually there is offline thirst unless the server has it off or toned down.

I'm playing on official so it's probably not turned down. I guess I'll have to check today and see if I'm dead lol I only logged on yesterday to check and see if my base was there, respawns at bed, and logged off.

User Info: browncmp

browncmp
2 years ago#4
Gonna need more proof that there is offline thirst. My wheel of pain doesn't work, yet in the only one. This could be a bug for just you. Like,my wheel of pain. Offline thirst makes no sense. What about hunger?

Lord_Sniper_IV
2 years ago#5
browncmp posted...
Gonna need more proof that there is offline thirst. My wheel of pain doesn't work, yet in the only one. This could be a bug for just you. Like,my wheel of pain. Offline thirst makes no sense. What about hunger?

Hunger seemed fine. I'll be able to check in a few hours. When I logged off last night my hunger and thirst were low since you dont respawn with full anything. If I login dead again then I think we'll have our answer

User Info: BigOW

BigOW
2 years ago#6
Did you properly exit the game? If you just turn your system off or something you remain in the game for a very long time and can still die from hunger/thirst/exposure

Edit: if you properly exit you shouldn’t be Affected by those

User Info: troyboy81

troyboy81
2 years ago#7
i left the game standing by a river with tons of loot on me and when i came back 8 hours later nobody even touched me... i guess i got lucky
GameFAQs aka ComplaintFAQs aka TrollFAQs

Lord_Sniper_IV
2 years ago#8
BigOW posted...
Did you properly exit the game? If you just turn your system off or something you remain in the game for a very long time and can still die from hunger/thirst/exposure

Edit: if you properly exit you shouldn’t be Affected by those

Yeah I opened the menu, returned to title screen, then closed the application

Lord_Sniper_IV
2 years ago#9
Logged in just now, alive and well in my base

User Info: browncmp

browncmp
2 years ago#10
So you must exit to menu, and life is good
  1. Boards
  2. Conan Exiles