• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon
  3. Which Anime seasons are considered the best and worst?

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
5 years ago#1
Might get back into it (watched a bit in school like everyone else) but i want to know what to watch and what to avoid.
Judaism is the original book. Christianity is a posthumous sequel. Islam is a spinoff with lots of retcons. Mormonism is a bad fanfic of Christianity.

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900
5 years ago#2
BW is the only truly awful saga. Everything else ranges from mediocre to genuinely good, with DP being the best.
http://i.minus.com/ibkH8V0pS36t4T.gif http://i.imgur.com/8RlYQea.png
Come to the board in my profile for random discussion. Though mainly anime.

User Info: TheNonBeliever

TheNonBeliever
5 years ago#3
diamond and pearl saga being the best
watching: Smile Precure
anime collection: http://i6.minus.com/iOrOrvBqamum3.jpg

User Info: DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong
5 years ago#4
It's too soon to judge, but so far I'd say XY is the best. Best group dynamic, Team Rocket appearing sparingly, everyone in character so far, etc.
"I call it 'Billy and the Cloneasaurus!'" - Skinner
(message deleted)

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
5 years ago#6
Kanto: Good nostalgia-wise, but mediocre in plot, very rushed pace, many missed opportunities, Ash lost the league in the worst way possible. Has the most memorable episodes.

Orange Archipelago: Nice even pace, despite Tracy replacing Brock it was a good thing, his gag was getting stale. Attempts to develop Misty and Ash were good and Charizard finally stopped being a lazy sociopath. This is the only time Ash has ever won a league and kept the prize.

Johto: Lots and lots of filler, here's where team Rocket began to get gratingly annoying, It also forced Ash to get rid of his best Pokémon for newbies, who barely got real development sans Bayleef and Cyndaquil who barely even battled but got some great victories. This league was the only time Ash ever got a truly fair loss, Harrison was legitimately better than him in skill and team diversity. Though Ash's battle with gary was very well done, as were many of the battles in Johto, this and the neat sidequests like Larvitar and the Blackthorn Arc being very well written.

Advanced Generation: as a whole it was very well paced and gave great character development, Ash actually raised this team and they got great development. Team Rocket became uber annoying here, they should've focused more on Aqua and Magma instead of only using them sparingly with little or no buildup. Also Max was unnecessary. The gym battles were great and Ash actually managed to beat some Legedary Pokémon this time around in the Battle Frontier.

Diamond and Pearl: Horribly paced, very little filler, sparse character development. Team Rocket actually got to win some stuff with contests but were still bland. They had all this buildup for the champion league only to vomit in our faces with Tobias. Pokémon development all went to Infernape as it progressed and sucked it away from everyone else because: "BOO HOO! HE GOT ABUSED!" Paul is a Karma Houdini to the likes of Pinocchio's coachman, he abuses all of his Pokémon and never gets punished. I understand he was meant to emulate those trainers that EV train Pokémon but that doesn't work here, it's clear cut animal abuse. Dawen comes off as an annoying May replacement whose Piplup was a major Scrappy.

Best Wishes: Utterly abhorrent, they made Ash seem brain dead compared to AG and DP, even compared to when he started his journey! Iris is a black hole sue who got no development and deserved none of her victories, but they knew when to make her lose unlike with Paul. Cilan is uninteresting and got no development. Team Rocket became mindless zombie robots being completely serious. There was no filler for development and it had a very wonky pace as a result. They bothered to bring Charizard back and did NOTHING with him! Ash lost the Unova league to a kid that was even STUPIDER than he was here!

XY: So far it's well done, Ash has a brain, Clemont and Bonnie have great personalities and Team Rocket aren't used all the time and are now the perfect mix of serious and silly. The filler feels refreshing like in AG. The only issue is that 36 episodes in and Serena hasn't really developed in any way, she hasn't even caught anything. She's really only here to piss off shippers.
3DS code: 5327-2191-2635

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900
5 years ago#7
In case the modded message and horrible grammar weren't indication enough, you should just ignore anything tvmasterdoodles says. He types a lot, but never really says anything.
http://i.minus.com/ibkH8V0pS36t4T.gif http://i.imgur.com/8RlYQea.png
Come to the board in my profile for random discussion. Though mainly anime.
(message deleted)

User Info: precita

precita
5 years ago#9
The middle of Johto is quite boring, only the very beginning and very end of it are worth watching.

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
5 years ago#10
Thx guys, I might watch the RSE, DPP and XY arcs.
Judaism is the original book. Christianity is a posthumous sequel. Islam is a spinoff with lots of retcons. Mormonism is a bad fanfic of Christianity.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon
  3. Which Anime seasons are considered the best and worst?
  • Topic Archived