• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon
  3. I find Dawn to be the cutest female character in Pokemon.
Isaac1987 8 years ago#1
However I've been advised not to watch the Diamond and Pearl anime. How much of a role does Dawn play in the manga? I could just look at her for days.
tvmasterdoodles 8 years ago#2
her name is Berlitz in the manga or Platinum Yeah Dawn in the DP anime was pretty bad, she sucked too much, her Pokemon were all one note with no real personalities, or carbon copies of other characters Pokémon Mamoswine is Charizard but more tame, Pachirisu is overly hyperactive and as such got next to no use, she gave up Ambipom for something she JUST found out about, it's not like what happened when Ash gave Primeape to Anthony because he could train it better, even though Primeape and Ash were just connecting, she just up and gave Ambipom up to some guy for something she knew NOTHING about! She was just up and GIVEN a really strong Togekiss by a lookalike princess, and don't get anybody STARTED about the bile for Dawn's Piplup! The only reslly smart thing she did was trade her Buizel who hated contests for Ash's Aipom who liked them!
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"
pokedude900 8 years ago#3
While Dawn was a pretty bad character in the anime, you should still watch it. At the very least, the gym battles, contests, and the league. Sinnoh has some of the best fights of any region.

Haven't read the manga, but I'd say it's a safe bet that Platinum is better than Dawn.
https://i.imgur.com/hOhxEtg.jpg https://i.imgur.com/WhoyEsl.jpg
Come to the (un)official GameFAQs Touhou board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1110-
precita 8 years ago#4
Dawn's not a bad character in the anime, its just that her actual personality turns into little more than a female Ash clone as the saga progresses.

Her Contest arc is mostly entertaining and she has a number of great battles. Her rivals are rather dull and some don't like Piplup.

Dawn was basically the writers doing Ash as a girl for Contests. If you don't mind a girl who is a female Ash then you might like her.
SlimeStack 8 years ago#5
Manga Dawn, under the name of Lady Platinum Berlitz, is the protagonist of the Diamond & Pearl and Platinum chapters. She's good in that.
Blah.
precita 8 years ago#6
Dawn might have been bland at times, but she was still a hell of a lot better than Iris and Johto era Misty.

At least Dawn had a story arc, its just that her personality wore off after the first year or two.
tvmasterdoodles 8 years ago#7
May was arguably better than both Dawn and Johto-era, hell mid-Kanto TO Johto-era Misty! When she got her babies they didn't drag her down, her pokemon ALL got decent development and each had interesting and various personalities. The only major problem with dawn was that her baby Squirtle was WAY overpowered, and some newcomer from outta nowhere beat her in the finals in the Kanto Grand Festival.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon
  3. I find Dawn to be the cutest female character in Pokemon.
  • Topic Archived