If fMC show up outside of the PQ2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
  3. If fMC show up outside of the PQ2

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#11
@Yurari posted...
Oh I know, the issue is that if we are bringing a character from another timeline/place in the multiverse, why not just bring another Minato? It wouldn't make sense to add her before Minato, unless they made up a new role for her in Persona 3's default universe.

Ahhhh I see what you mean. We are thinking of different things. I don't mean bring the FeMC (aka P3P/SEES Leader/Diff timeline!FeMC) from a different timeline into Minato's. I mean reintroduce the FeMC of Minato's timeline (assuming she is still alive, and just wasn't chosen by Aigis at the Moonlight bridge incident) as a "new" character/person. Think of it like P2IS vs P2EP. The FeMC in PQ2 is the IS!Maya, Minato's timeline is like the EP timeline, which means there might be an EP!FeMC on his timeline (similar to how there's EP!Maya, both IS and EP Mayas are technically the same but also a bit different, they're just counterparts). No need for time travel, no need for pulling people outta different timelines/universes, there's already a counterpart in that timeline we can work with.

And vice versa can happen if they make a side game taking place on her timeline, aka Minato (or well..."Minato" in this case) is a "new" character.

User Info: Yurari

Yurari
1 month ago#12
sillyfudgemonke posted...
@Yurari posted...
Oh I know, the issue is that if we are bringing a character from another timeline/place in the multiverse, why not just bring another Minato? It wouldn't make sense to add her before Minato, unless they made up a new role for her in Persona 3's default universe.

Ahhhh I see what you mean. We are thinking of different things. I don't mean bring the FeMC (aka P3P/SEES Leader/Diff timeline!FeMC) from a different timeline into Minato's. I mean reintroduce the FeMC of Minato's timeline (assuming she is still alive, and just wasn't chosen by Aigis at the Moonlight bridge incident) as a "new" character/person. Think of it like P2IS vs P2EP. The FeMC in PQ2 is the IS!Maya, Minato's timeline is like the EP timeline, which means there might be an EP!FeMC on his timeline (similar to how there's EP!Maya, both IS and EP Mayas are technically the same but also a bit different, they're just counterparts). No need for time travel, no need for pulling people outta different timelines/universes, there's already a counterpart in that timeline we can work with.

And vice versa can happen if they make a side game taking place on her timeline, aka Minato (or well..."Minato" in this case) is a "new" character.

Aha, I see what you mean now! That's similar to what I brought up at the end of my last message, by making up a new role for her.

That's a really cool idea actually, would be a fun twist and way to incorporate her into the main universe. What kind of person and role do you think she would take, if she didn't become the leader of SEES?
Glow little glow worm, glow!
Official Pichu of the Smash Ultimate board!

User Info: DaToskaID

DaToskaID
1 month ago#13
sillyfudgemonke posted...
@Yurari posted...

IIRC the main plot of the female route in P3P is exactly the same as the male one. I don't know if they can honestly get away with reintroducing the FeMC as someone else.
#DynamoTurquoise

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#14
Yurari posted...
That's similar to what I brought up at the end of my last message, by making up a new role for her.

Ah! Yup! XD Read it very late (4am) I only registered the first part. ;w; orz But yeah that's how they could make her a "new" character. XD

Yurari posted...
That's a really cool idea actually, would be a fun twist and way to incorporate her into the main universe. What kind of person and role do you think she would take, if she didn't become the leader of SEES?

I personally think she'd either be the "new Shadow Ops recruit they found." Not sure if they'd give her any ulterior motive (maybe she'd want revenge but she could just be oblivious), just the dramatic irony of it all might be enough.

I personally want her to have a bigger role, and actually have a grudge against the Kirijou group after doing her own research over the years and finding out they were the reason they lost her family (even giving her an intense hatred and fear of Aigis, I love Aigis but ooooo boy the drama is too juicy). And instead make her an antagonist for a game before maybe becoming an ally.

DaToskaID posted...
IIRC the main plot of the female route in P3P is exactly the same as the male one. I don't know if they can honestly get away with reintroducing the FeMC as someone else.

Yeah it pretty much is, doesn't mean the characters are exactly the same (I mean the FeMC can be just as emo with her dialogue at times, but they are still different people). They'd just have to give a lot of personality and character to the "non-chosen-Sees-leader" of that timeline, like I said with the Maya comparison, they are similar, but there's a lot of differences between the two Mayas (just one example is IS!Maya is afraid of fire, EP!Maya is not). And just cause both MCs' SEES Leader stories are pretty much exactly the same (with the FeMC having the greatest small differences in her's), doesn't mean that their lives without SEES are the same.....Tbh we dunno what their life without SEES would even be like so that's already neat territory to explore in and of itself!

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
1 month ago#15
while you are doing your fanfiction, do remember the scene from the memories only showed exactly one vehicle wth its dragged trackmarks in the middle of the moonlight bridge and it is specifically mentioned aigis found a suitable candidate and not the nearest candidate to seal death within.

if she was at the moonlight bridge, any other vehicle than p3mc is in would be completely swept over bridge and a certain death outcome for her.

in addition, since her own story doesnt have her hate nor fear aigis, putting in a senseless grudge doesnt make sense.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#16
Cogito posted...
while you are doing your fanfiction

Not fanfiction (I don't write), I'm theorizing. 8U Enough stuff is left open to theorize and make room for new possibilities to happen.

As for that scene, 1) things have been slightly retconned before (keep in mind, in the FES cutscene during present day there are no cars but in the VN cutscene in P3P there are cars in the background, and plus like......they did a similar thing thing with Sho.....sooooo anything is possible), 2) we only see a part of the bridge, it's a whole bridge, they could've possibly landed in a different section of said bridge where the FeMC was on and not Minato (so say FeMC was on the North side and Minato was on the South side of it). 3) People got hurt on the bridge and other places while Aigis and Ryoji fought, just cause Aigis didn't see the other MC doesn't mean they weren't there (they could've seen them fighting from within their car before they ended up on the other side of the bridge). 4) Maybe she wasn't even on the bridge in Minato's timeline (and vice versa with Minato in her timeline), it's hinted/suggested that Aigis and Death cause A LOT of destruction so that could explain some things

But yeah if Sho, who came outta absolutely nowhere, can happen, FeMC (who isn't coming outta nowhere) can def happen.

User Info: Rakidrake7

Rakidrake7
1 month ago#17
I think it's probably best they leave FeMC as an "alternate dimension" version of Minato rather than an entirely different character who lives in the same world and "could" show up, but that's just me.

I kind of feel that, were she to show up in the main timeline as an unrelated character who just happens to be a Persona user(or even not), it would diminish her value as a character (and possibly Minato's, depending on how you write her into the story).

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like part of FeMC's character has to come from the story and relationships that she shares with Minato. You take that away, and the only thing left is (possibly) her personality. And really, they could easily just write a brand new character at that point. I feel it's a bad idea to just say "oh yeah, here's Minako, she's lived a completely different life and story that you don't care about, but at least she's here, right!?"

The reason why I like her appearance in PQ2 is she doesn't look to be losing any of that - she is still the wild card of SEES, but from another dimension. Persona Q is possibly the only game they could have her in in that form and make sense, and I'm glad they did - but she doesn't need to show up again, outside of fanservice DLC for dancing games, on the aniversary pics and soundtrack covers and whatnot.

As always, Imo.

...and that's probably the most I've ever written in regards to her...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7185480/
"it's opinion based, but it's a fact FFXIV story is superior." - xenosaga123

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
1 month ago#18
p3 and arena spoiler
it is already known since p3 that there were minimally 100 test subjects. sho being one of the test subject isnt special when strega were among the test subjects who survived
nothing retconned.

the many vehicles on moonlight bridge were during "i remember who i am" reveal and not the 10yr ago incident. p3p showed the same scene for the incident for p3mc (see previous post).
there is no retcon seen.

imagine breaker
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
1 month ago#19
lol, Femc is Minato they are the same person for crying out loud.
If you obey Lucifer and are 100% proud of it, copy this and make it your signature! RPGs Beaten: 666

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
1 month ago#20
unlike other mc, her fanboys is a reason why she got treated as a joke.
Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jager
  1. Boards
  2. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
  3. If fMC show up outside of the PQ2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived