• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. questions about moving household and fame

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#1
first, i'm thinking of moving my sim in with another one i made... but there is a ton of furniture i don't wanna lose, will my furniture be transferred over into the new household's inventory in build mode, or is it just gonna be sold during the move, or what?

second... i now have get famous, so my writer/artist sim is able to gain fame from selling his stuff, but are there downsides to gaining fame?

cause i saw with celebrity sims passing through, that they aren't treated like normal sims, and have different interactions... i don't want my other sim to treat this one like some celebrity when they're best friends... will they not be able to talk about the usual stuff and hang out like normal?

i dunno how fame works, so i'm a bit concerned about it changing my sim.
Mortal lives are a litany of despair and treachery, only wrath can see you through the darkest days.

User Info: DAZMikey

DAZMikey
1 month ago#2
Usually moving them into another house with someone else, the stuff just stays in the house you're leaving.I think it would be easier to just place them and then find the Sim in the world and invite them to move in with you if you don't wanna lose anything from the house you're currently in. I think things only transfer if you're moving into an empty lot.

Fame makes them have some negative perks attached to them. Some Sims need food that's only excellent quality or they get sick, some need to not be touched by anyone not close to them or they get a stressed moodlet, some need to look in a mirror and admire themselves every hour or so, some need to be on their phones a lot...they're not too bad, but they're annoying. And if you're at the most famous you can get, you get 4 negative perks attached to you. No idea what the other negative perks are, but those were the ones I've come across.

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#3
that's the problem, though... i want to move my sim to the OTHER lot cause my sim's lot is too small, it's a one-person house, pre-built.

the one i wanna move to is in a much larger lot and the house is significantly bigger.

damn... it really sucks.

i mean, i guess nothing is unique... most of the furniture i don't wanna lose was awarded from my career, but i guess i can buy those again.

i think... career rewards don't get locked again, and i won't lose my career if i move, right?

though it will suck losing all the collectible "my sims" figurines i dug up.

the sims' household funds will be combined, right? i won't lose my money?

wow, fame sounds as crappy as it does in real life... thank god i found the option to "opt out" of it... so i don't need to worry about my sims gaining fame, now.
Mortal lives are a litany of despair and treachery, only wrath can see you through the darkest days.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. questions about moving household and fame
  • Post New Message