• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Any way to turn off Woohoo/Try for a baby?

User Info: FlumpFlicker

FlumpFlicker
2 months ago#1
My 8 yr old has loved playing this for nearly a year now; making families, throwing parties, having their kids taken away because of neglect etc. All of which has been harmless fun.

However she found out that sims can get married and put in a concerted effort to make this happen. Long story short: she noticed the option to Try for baby and obviously getting married went out the window.

Now i dont mind the whole pregnancy thing it's just the 'act' of getting there itself. I was wondering if you could switch off the whole under the covers/explosions part.

I don't want to stop her playing this but i also don't think it's really what i want her seeing.

An option to switch this off would be preferable but if not i don't think i have any other choice but to stop her playing.

Any help?/similar situations with yourselves?

User Info: LastTomorrow

LastTomorrow
2 months ago#2
No, I wouldn't let an 8 year old play this game. Should've bought the stardew valley or My Time at Portia
Waffle waffle waffle

User Info: FlumpFlicker

FlumpFlicker
2 months ago#3
Thanks, will give them a look instead. A pity as she's had so much fun out of the Sims.

User Info: Aero369

Aero369
2 months ago#4
Simply teach your kid to not choose these options
~If you can't find something to live for, find something to die for.~

User Info: Artef

Artef
1 month ago#5
The game is literally reated t for teen for a few reasons...
I do not have an explosives problem, I do have the explosives, however it is YOU who have the problem *click*

User Info: ItsBri89

ItsBri89
4 weeks ago#6
Or you could tell her why the game glorifies having children because of how society thinks in general, and that getting pregnant in real life isn't fun and games but a major responsibility that takes a lot of time, effort, and sacrifices.
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Any way to turn off Woohoo/Try for a baby?
  • Post New Message