You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. is this good and easy to play?

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#1
i was a huge fan of the sims games back when i played them on PC, i had the full collection of sims 1 and sims 2, absolutely loved them.

course, i stopped playing on PC ages ago, for several reasons.

seeing this game on sale for such a low price is EXTREMELY tempting, and i am wondering if i should buy it...

the thing is, i rented a sims game on a console long ago, i think it was on... ps2?

and... it was terrible... the gameplay felt completely different, i had to jump through hoops and do what the game was telling me to do, it lacked the freedom the games were supposed to have, it felt like... i hated it.

so that kinda left a bad taste in my mouth for console versions of sims games... is this a proper sims game?

do the controls feel good? i'd just like to know a bit before i grab the game, hopefully someone can answer soon, before the sale ends.

one more question... do ALL the PC version's cheats work on the ps4? including the "unlock all career rewards" cheat? and maxing out your sims' needs?

cause i don't care much about trophies, and while i did create some legit households in the past, i usually just liked playing around and having full access to everything.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 month ago#2
Sims 4 on console is identical to PC its not a stripped back version like it used to be (only difference being no custom content and no gallery to use other peoples creations)

As for controls I dont have many issues using the controller

However that being said keyboard and mouse is definitely the preferred option, fortunately PS4 now supports mouse/keyboard for Sims 4
PSN: Finn_H93

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#3
alright, that's good to know, i'll probably go ahead and grab it, then.

course, gonna take awhile to get all the expansions...
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 month ago#4
ZeroJinKui posted...
alright, that's good to know, i'll probably go ahead and grab it, then.

course, gonna take awhile to get all the expansions...

Make seasons your priority it adds alot of fun, after that it depends on playstyle

If you prefer making social sims who go out then get together is great as well as having alot of nice create a sim items

If you like to make families with kids then parenthood is an absolute MUST
PSN: Finn_H93

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#5
i'd feel weird buying the packs out of order.

i'm gonna focus on getting the expansions, then the game packs, then maybe i'll grab the stuff packs after everything else.

hope to god they go on sale often enough.

dunno why they can't just make a "buy everything" bundle... forcing people to buy 30+ individual things is just such a pain in the ass.

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
3 weeks ago#6
ZeroJinKui posted...
i'd feel weird buying the packs out of order.

i'm gonna focus on getting the expansions, then the game packs, then maybe i'll grab the stuff packs after everything else.

hope to god they go on sale often enough.

dunno why they can't just make a "buy everything" bundle... forcing people to buy 30+ individual things is just such a pain in the ass.

I like buying only want I want so im ok the way it is and will get stuff on sale I just got the sims 4 and 2 small dlc stuff during the days of play sale.

User Info: Seahawker

Seahawker
3 weeks ago#7
I play on Xbox so I'm not sure if the PS store has them, but some of the content is bundled together for a cheaper price than buying them separately. The ones I've bought each had one expansion, one game pack and one stuff pack for $50. Saves you I think $20 if you buy the bundles instead of each separately and even more if they go on sale.

Like I said, I don't know if they have the bundles on the PS store, but if they do get those instead and save some money.
Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine. ~~Tim Minchin
Xbox Live GT: Shihoku101

ZeroJinKui
3 weeks ago#8
i saw one or two bundles, but they don't have everything bundled together.

i guess i'll just wait for sales and buy everything over time.

i love the sims, and i want everything it has to offer.

i dunno how people can stand playing an incomplete collection, it'd drive me mad settling for only one expansion.

User Info: clarinet1

clarinet1
3 weeks ago#9
Seahawker posted...
I play on Xbox so I'm not sure if the PS store has them, but some of the content is bundled together for a cheaper price than buying them separately. The ones I've bought each had one expansion, one game pack and one stuff pack for $50. Saves you I think $20 if you buy the bundles instead of each separately and even more if they go on sale.

Like I said, I don't know if they have the bundles on the PS store, but if they do get those instead and save some money.

The PS Store does have the following bundles:

- City Living + Vampires + Vintage Glamour Stuff
- Get To Work + Dine Out + Cool Kitchen Stuff
- Cats & Dogs + Parenthood + Toddler Stuff
- Seasons + Jungle + Spooky Stuff

City Living and Get To Work bundles go on sale for 50% off every few months. Cats & Dogs and Parenthood have also been on sale, but not the bundle. I've been waiting on the Seasons bundle to see if they'll have a sell after Island Living releases on console
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. is this good and easy to play?