You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Getting city living first or seasons...

User Info: OkabeRintarou55

OkabeRintarou55
1 month ago#1
I already have GTW and GT. I wanted to know if I should get City Living next, or Seasons next. I'm also considering getting the bundle with Vampires and Vintage Glamour if I get City Living. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, if possible. Thanks in advance!
Distance doesn't matter to us! Even if we're separated we're still friends! -Yosuke Hanamura

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#2
The original bundle (Vintage Glamor + Vampires + City Living) is without a doubt the expense I'm happiest to have made, as I regularly make use of all the content to a point where there'd be a lot of holes in my houses and Sims without them lol!

Vintage Glamor's got a sexy pencil skirt and some nice formalwear, plus some vanities which are handy ways of applying temporary makeup and also nostalgic to my Sims 1 self.

Vampires has a new world, new Gothic furniture and architecture, and a mixture of steampunk clothes and actual Victorian-ish formalwear. Not to mention it's got Vampires lol, but besides creating a hot immortal albino female and having her beside my main self, I haven't played with Vampires much and mostly just culled a handful of NPC ones for the sake of space in recent months. Contrary to popular fears, they don't spread like a virus and only a player-vampire can force-vampirism.

City Living's got a whole new world with cool neighborhoods and incredible aesthetic diversity. There a New York-like brownstone area with lower to mid-level apartments to something resembling San Francisco or Los Angeles at the high end, featuring even a "high city" over the city, suspended (presumably) by massive pillars! Not to mention it adds a lot of Asian food, clothes, video game consoles, and build/buy objects that I've gotten so used to having it'd be bizarre without them.

I can recommend the Bundle without any hesitation since I got my money's worth in the two years since buying the game + bundle.

As for Seasons...

Well, I got that one for $20 on sale. It's actually quite nice, as it adds a lot of visual variety through the four seasons and even adds a Calendar that is kinda like the one in Harvest Moon games. You can adjust the length of seasons (as a whole, NOT able to adjust specific ones) to range from 7 days to 14 days to 28 days (effectively a month) and there are even holidays (by default, "Simized" versions of New Years, Valentine's, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) which are basically special days that can have a big variety of affects and "requirements" to "have a fulfilled holiday". You can add, customize, and delete holidays to the calendar.

Note, though, that occasionally there are randomly generated holidays such as "Lottery Day" which might be annoying if you'd rather keep holidays rare but you can spot them a week in advance via the Calendar and delete them if you want to.

Seasons also adds a lot of Winter and Summer themed clothing and wood/stone build/buy objects that are aesthetically akin to cabins or rural taiga houses. Nothing to die for, but I regularly make use of the stuff as it fits the Japanese-style castles I build.

Overall: I recommend both but I'd put the Bundle over Seasons as a priority and wait for sales whenever possible since they're quite expensive even if enjoyable and highly reusable.

OkabeRintarou55
1 month ago#3
Thanks for the detailed response! This is exactly like what I was looking for, so this helps a lot. Alright, I'll probably go with the bundle then. Thanks again!
Distance doesn't matter to us! Even if we're separated we're still friends! -Yosuke Hanamura

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 month ago#4
It’s a tough one because they are two of my favourite packs but personally if I had to choose one it would be seasons it just a adds a nice new dimension of realism to the game and it’s fun having your sims change outfits for hot and cold weather
PSN: Finn_H93

OkabeRintarou55
1 month ago#5
Thanks, I'll definitely consider it!

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
1 month ago#6
Seasons is my jam.
The gardening mechanics are surprisingly deep, the 25% Skill speed boost for kids from Scouting is very powerful and the visual variety is much needed.
Also Cats'n'Dogs. Get that one.
3DS FC: 1564 3971 2596 IGN: Lilo
Token Aussie @ Prism Islands
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Getting city living first or seasons...