You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Get Together or Get to Work

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
2 months ago#1
Both are currently half price so decided to pick one up which would people recommend between these 2

Already have city living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons and Get Famous
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#2
Get Together's not half off on PSN (from a quick check), but if it is on your end (for some reason, maybe regional sales), then I'd recommend Get Together even though I only own Get to Work lol.

The reasons being are simple: Get to Work offers 3 careers (Police, Doctor, Scientist) and a small world (4 lots of varying size, all in a square by a river) plus some furniture and clothes and other secondary stuff. Get Together offers a BIG world of 20+ lots, including 4 or so neighborhoods, and is rarely on sale compared to the other packs. Of course, you can also form clubs and stuff, but I don't own Get Together (yet, holding out for a sale), so I can't comment about something I've only seen in trailers or reviews.

I enjoyed playing as an... Artistic Cop?... and building some Japanese castles in the small world, making it a little Kyoto, but I can't say I'd weigh it equal to Get Together.

I bought it at full price too, so if I could have gotten Get to Work half off then I would have. I recommend BOTH if you can afford it, Get Together otherwise, unless you really wanna be a cop, medic, or scientist.

FinnH
2 months ago#3
SiegvonWal posted...
Get Together's not half off on PSN (from a quick check), but if it is on your end (for some reason, maybe regional sales), then I'd recommend Get Together even though I only own Get to Work lol.

The reasons being are simple: Get to Work offers 3 careers (Police, Doctor, Scientist) and a small world (4 lots of varying size, all in a square by a river) plus some furniture and clothes and other secondary stuff. Get Together offers a BIG world of 20+ lots, including 4 or so neighborhoods, and is rarely on sale compared to the other packs. Of course, you can also form clubs and stuff, but I don't own Get Together (yet, holding out for a sale), so I can't comment about something I've only seen in trailers or reviews.

I enjoyed playing as an... Artistic Cop?... and building some Japanese castles in the small world, making it a little Kyoto, but I can't say I'd weigh it equal to Get Together.

I bought it at full price too, so if I could have gotten Get to Work half off then I would have. I recommend BOTH if you can afford it, Get Together otherwise, unless you really wanna be a cop, medic, or scientist.

Yeah its half price over here in the UK thanks for the input yeah will go with Get Together maybe pick up Get to work in the future after Spa Day has been released

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
2 months ago#4
I can definitely vouch for Get Together as well, you get a LOT for your money and the Norwegen themed neighbourhood is surprisingly a really interesting addition to the series. They really went all out with it.

The NPC Sims provided are a ton of fun as well. I normally tend not to care about the default Sims but the ones in this pack I actually grew fond of pretty easily.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#5
TheCrimsonEmo posted...
I can definitely vouch for Get Together as well, you get a LOT for your money and the Norwegen themed neighbourhood is surprisingly a really interesting addition to the series. They really went all out with it.

The NPC Sims provided are a ton of fun as well. I normally tend not to care about the default Sims but the ones in this pack I actually grew fond of pretty easily.

Where did you get Norwegian from lol? I get German ("von Haunt Estate", albeit with a typo that makes the "v" in "von" uppercase) or French (cafes?), but I know too little of Norway to spot anything Norwegian lol so I'm curious where you got that from.

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#6
FinnH posted...

Yeah its half price over here in the UK thanks for the input yeah will go with Get Together maybe pick up Get to work in the future after Spa Day has been released

You should probably get it whenever it's half off, and in America Get to Work is on sale far more often than Get Together so that's probably a good call.

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
2 months ago#7
SiegvonWal posted...
TheCrimsonEmo posted...

Where did you get Norwegian from lol? I get German ("von Haunt Estate", albeit with a typo that makes the "v" in "von" uppercase) or French (cafes?), but I know too little of Norway to spot anything Norwegian lol so I'm curious where you got that from.

It's definitely Norway, through and through. There are tons of places there that easily resemble the area, even down to the NPC's fashion styles.

https://www.travelicia.de/norwegen/

Just cut/paste Norwegian into google images and you'll find a ton that are 1:1 identical to get togethers map.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo

FinnH
2 months ago#8
Cool thanks all I picked up get together and fitness stuff

Now just need spa day to release I’m done with DLC for this game none of the remaining ones eg vampires or jungle retreat really interest me

User Info: HDS177

HDS177
2 months ago#9
I really like role playing in the Sims. Get to Work also adds the alien life state which I’ve always been a fan of. It’s not really advertised though. They get a few unique social interactions and I like the disguise aspect, mostly for role playing purposes. They can also bring dead alien collectibles back to life and transmute metals, crystals and elements. But I’m just rambling now 😂
PSN: Deathcon_2

User Info: hmoobpaladin

hmoobpaladin
2 months ago#10
I recommend Get Together. New world, new households, new lots, etc. You can also create money making clubs like Painting or Gardening if you're short on cash.
Not changing this signature until Majikoi A is fully translated. - July 30, 2015
El Psy Congroo
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Get Together or Get to Work