You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. How much are you spending on Sims DLC?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
3 months ago#1
How much are you spending on DLC?

Rules
DO include expansions, stuff, packs, etc. DO include any gift card or voucher that has monetary value.

Do NOT include the initial cost of the game. Do NOT include anything you will unlock ingame.

Nothing speculative - Only include stuff you have already bought, or stuff that is confirmed and you will buy as soon as it comes out.

Assume that 1€=$1 and that £1=$1.30, and any other currency conversion factor required.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#2
Well, if "only include stuff you already bought" is a rule then the title should be rewritten as "How much have you SPENT on Sims 4 DLC?", not "How much are you SPENDING", since that implies a planned budget.

Either way, my answer is shameful :-(

Hence why I'm waiting for sales for my preferred DLC targets.

At least I've already spent hundreds of hours playing this game, so I've been getting my money's worth.

User Info: DAZMikey

DAZMikey
3 months ago#3
Too much. I've bought everything...its not a cheap game.

User Info: Lemonsnatch

Lemonsnatch
3 months ago#4
$20+ probably, Cats Dog, Parenthood and Toddler bundle that was on sale. I'm gonna wait for other bundle packs to be on sale before buying, I just really want Get to Work, Dine out (which thankfully in a bundle together) and Seasons and that's it

User Info: CadusBane

CadusBane
3 months ago#5
Not ashamed. I’ve got everything. Because I wanted it. Last PC Sims game I played was The Sims. 2 and 3 hit when I was busy working. I’d slowed down gaming wise for few years.

I got started slowly with PS3 again after early retirement, due to illness. I got a PS4 last summer I heard the full game was coming with all DLC to this copy.

It has been worth every cent. Many great stories so far and many more to happen. I haven’t touched half of what I own because I’m honestly learning what I have. I take breaks for other games. But I looked up I think it’s SimsVIP. Wow didn’t know had so much awesome stuff to enjoy.

I’m not usually a dlc, or MTA’s person. But these are full on Expansion packs like with Sims other games. I support them because I’m getting what I always wanted full Sims game on PlayStation.

Looking at all my other games I spoiled my family for the first time ever. But the game has added so much and my wife also really enjoys it. She also only played the first Sims.

Adding it up I see it this way. Most games I get are always older, on massive sales like Black Friday, or great deals used. So equals out in the end.

I’m planning on getting the movie pack later. I’m just having fun with this game. Besides we don’t play anything online that requires extra fees or wants more money for map packs or gun packs. In all my years gaming I let us enjoy one game to keep up on.

It won’t happen again though. It’s really easy to get sucked in and wanting to keep up. So one game to do it with isn’t bad. But so many games are like this now. One time is and will always be enough.

But live once, enjoy what you want to enjoy. It’s your money and your right to enjoy anyway you wish and want to. No one can tell you differently.
"I hate replaying games!" "If you get free dlc and don't like it, it's alright. At least the price was right."
Wisdom of GameFAQ as of late

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
3 months ago#6
I don't have all the dlc but I am picking out the packs that interest me whenever I can spare the money for them.

Honestly the expensive dlc put me off from buying the game originally but when I finally gave it a shot I loved the experience so much I haven't regretted it.

I only really go for the expansion packs that add a lot to the gameplay or improve the experience though. The little stuff doesn't really appeal.

The packs that add in new neighbourhoods to play with are what appeal to me the most. I know these expansion packs cost the price of a brand new game but hey, The Sims 4 is endless fun for me so I'll keep supporting them if EA keeps making them.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo
(edited 3 months ago)

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#7
TheCrimsonEmo posted...

The packs that add in new neighbourhoods to play with are what appeal to me the most. I know these expansion packs cost the price of a brand new game but hey, The Sims 4 is endless fun for me so I'll keep supporting them if EA keeps making them.

That's why I wait for sales now, especially since they happen so often. I mean, Cats & Dogs as well as most of the older packs have been regularly on sale all year. In fact, Cats & Dogs plus City Living and some others were all half off or more until the 19th.

I've already spent a shamefully large amount on content I've barely dug into, so I'm naturally inclined to wait on sales since I want what's on offer but I learned the hard way why it's a bad idea to be too indulgent.

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 months ago#8
Over $101+ and that's with sales. I only buy the dlcs on sale & in bundles if available, but it still costs too much. It's a waste of money too since I always get bored right away & play something else.

The DLCs do add a lot to The Sims 4 and makes it a much better game but it's stuff that shoudl've been there by default such as City Living, Pets & Get to Work. The restaurant dlc also feels like something that shoud've always been there.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: Lemonsnatch

Lemonsnatch
3 months ago#9
^I agree! If it's just cats and dogs it should've been in the game and then maybe an expansion for new pets. They defenitely could've added one or two active jobs and weather! Even just a sunny and rainy weather and maybe an expansion for autum and winter and seasonal activities. In my case I don't want to spend much beacuse as much as I love Sims, 4 isn't that much fun. I get bored after playing for a few hours unlike past games where I could play for 4-6 hours straight. Also I feel like these DLC's are waaay too expensive for the stuff we get

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#10
Lemonsnatch posted...
^I agree! If it's just cats and dogs it should've been in the game and then maybe an expansion for new pets. They defenitely could've added one or two active jobs and weather! Even just a sunny and rainy weather and maybe an expansion for autum and winter and seasonal activities. In my case I don't want to spend much beacuse as much as I love Sims, 4 isn't that much fun. I get bored after playing for a few hours unlike past games where I could play for 4-6 hours straight. Also I feel like these DLC's are waaay too expensive for the stuff we get

I don't know what ought to have been in, or not in, the game since I know nothing of what costs what to make the Sims 4 (and while I wouldn't be surprised if E.A.'s just being stingy with Maxis or Maxis with costumers, maybe some bureaucratic incompetence, etc. etc.) but the Sims 2, even on Console (which is where I played it), had rain and wind as innate parts. I sure missed that. Still, Seasons is a nice expansion that also adds a whole calendar year, holidays, and seasonal-themed stuff so for the $20 I spent on it I can't say I regret it. But I can only wonder how Sims 5 will look, like if it'll have seasons by default or something. Or if it'll use Sims 4 as a base but make it more open like PC Sims 3 (and I suspect Sims 4 may have "regressed" in an effort to cater to home consoles, so when PS5's a thing Sims 5 might take the best of Sims 3 and 4's best game and make a great game. Or not lol, can't expect too much but I wouldn't be surprised if I was half-right).

I love the Sims 4, but it astounds me how much I use DLC parts in my gameplay that it makes me wonder if Sims 4 really is a barren base game or if I just really like what I paid for to the point where it's just a natural part of my gaming. From hair styles (Luxury Party Stuff) to clothes (Vintage Glamor, City Living), game consoles (City Living) to AQUARIUMS (ridiculous Sims 4 Pets had to reintroduce the classic aquarium!), I'm just curious how my gaming experience would be if I never bought "Bundle" (Vintage + City + Vampires) on Day 1 after purchase.

Still, there's a crap ton I can do in the game (mainly building, breeding, and the daily grind that I loved doing in Sims 1 plus all the extra-curriculars introduced in the Sims 3) and I have to admit one of the selling points was the create-a-sim system allowing me to create some of the sexiest females to ever exist. From Alejandra Travino to Kimi Yohman, Tallyta Cavalieri to Sho Nishino, I can recreate them in part or in whole and even create insanely hot women that don't even exist lol! I may be a man, but when I first bought the game it was like I hit puberty again with the insane level of customization available lol. It's crazy the Maxis made Sims are nowhere near as hot as what can be made with some practice and a model, or what comes about randomly (since sometimes randos actually turn out decent lol, more than the default cast lol!).
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. How much are you spending on Sims DLC?