You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Get Famous is coming on Feb 12th

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
3 months ago#1
For anyone interested

Looks like one of the better packs
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
3 months ago#2
I'm really interested in it because those hollywood hills mansions look amazing but for what you're getting it's kind of a harsh sell. You only have 3 neighbourhoods to explore and very little to customise.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me if the price of these packs were more reasonable. Ah well, hopefully we get spa day soon, that really peaked my interest.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
3 months ago#3
TheCrimsonEmo posted...
I'm really interested in it because those hollywood hills mansions look amazing but for what you're getting it's kind of a harsh sell. You only have 3 neighbourhoods to explore and very little to customise.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me if the price of these packs were more reasonable. Ah well, hopefully we get spa day soon, that really peaked my interest.

The career paths appeal to me alot in this one partly because I have never been interested in running my own business so I skipped get to work
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
3 months ago#4
FinnH posted...
TheCrimsonEmo posted...

The career paths appeal to me alot in this one partly because I have never been interested in running my own business so I skipped get to work

Yeah I'm curious how the celebrity career path works out as I do base a lot of my sims on K-pop stars who are always forced to take the music/entertainment route. It's kinda boring but the money's decent at least.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo

User Info: HDS177

HDS177
3 months ago#5
TheCrimsonEmo posted...
FinnH posted...
TheCrimsonEmo posted...

Yeah I'm curious how the celebrity career path works out as I do base a lot of my sims on K-pop stars who are always forced to take the music/entertainment route. It's kinda boring but the money's decent at least.

I’ve also been waiting forever for the Spa Day pack. And I really only got Get to Work for the Aliens lol. This pack interests cause some of the items are really cool like the floating alien pod bed, the koi pond, the money vault and the acting career looks to be interesting. Maybe being a YouTuber could be fun as well lol
PSN: Deathcon_2

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#6
TheCrimsonEmo posted...
Honestly it wouldn't bother me if the price of these packs were more reasonable

You should just wait for a bundle. Right now there are a few pack bundles for a much more reasonable price. Just wait for this pack to in one.

User Info: Lemonsnatch

Lemonsnatch
3 months ago#7
TheBest69 posted...
TheCrimsonEmo posted...
Honestly it wouldn't bother me if the price of these packs were more reasonable

You should just wait for a bundle. Right now there are a few pack bundles for a much more reasonable price. Just wait for this pack to in one.

Then wait for it to be on sale LOL! I agree the DLCs are freakin' expensive, I may have waited but I finally got Cat&Dog bundle when it was on sale. Gonna wait for Season and Get to work bundle too, City Living bundle was on sale before but I missed it :(

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#8
Yep, I plan on waiting for this pack to go on sale too. Sales happen often enough that I check near-daily.

Get Together's the one I want most, but Get Famous looks fun too. I especially love having more towns to play in.

I'm glad I took advantage of the Pets sale since while I don't really care about pets, I might change my mind after creating a cat or something lol and the main appeal was Brindleton Bay and its WONDERFUL neighborhoods! Takes me back to the Sims 1 for console as the northeastern district resembles, vaguely, what Sims 1 lots looked like since they had "just outside town" kind of feel to them. Not far enough to be farm or country, but not close enough to be sub-urban.

The Hollywood-esque neighborhood looks a lot like Oasis Spring's northern district (where Malcolm Landgrabb the Kid comes from) so that's not a big hook. I'm actually more interested in the middle-class looking area as it resembles the backgrounds of Sims 2 console. I like the overall package, but definitely waiting for it to go half off since I'm not overly hyped about anything in particular, I just want the new neighborhood, furniture, reputation system, and maybe the acting career.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Get Famous is coming on Feb 12th