You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Sims wearing clothing you didn't choose for them.

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
3 months ago#11
SiegvonWal posted...
I built houses and moved into them the NPCs I created, and made visual edits to the random NPCs every now and then. I can't say I've noticed any patterns, except there's apparently a limited amount of names the game selects from as well as a limited number of looks since I've seen a lot of unrelated randos with the same last names and even sims from a household with one name but different actual last names. Who knows, I guess? I kinda like randomness in the world when I'm not directly involved in it, but the actual creation of NPC sims appears to be procedural and without that many different results (at least as far as names and clothes are concerned).

As long as sims I've created or saved spawn I'm honestly not bothered about the rest. Eventually I'm planning to go right up to the 200 sim limit so as long as the world is filled with my kind of sims I'm happy. I just find it disappointing that some I'll never see spawn in the game world even though there's seemingly no reason why they couldn't.

Well, EA has a bad history but Maxis is the one that handles the direct making of the Sims and arguably has a much better history dating back to the 90's. I'm fairly optimistic since I enjoy what I've bought and spent hundreds of hours without regrets, and most of the major DLC packs available to PC players have become available to console players in merely a year whereas they had to wait 4 or more (which of course makes sense since they're porting rather than remaking and all that) and also they solved/mitigated a lot of technical issues that bothered me on the console release (like delays in actions and very dumb NPC maids).

I'm waiting for Get Together to go on sale lol.

It actually WAS on sale, you just missed it. I bought it though and can definitely vouch for it. I got surprisingly a ton of fun out of it that I wasn't expecting to have. City life is disappointing though. The city itself is nice but besides visiting karaoke bars or one nice penthouse apartment there's extremely little to do and even less you can customise or play around with. Definitely not worth full price. I should of bought the pets bundle instead... tch.

Funny you mention it, because I played the Sims 3 on the Xbox 360 (I never liked that console much due to technical issues, but I did play the Sims 3 a lot on that console) and since I didn't have Internet I never played the patched version of it! I can't remember the bugs though, although I'm pretty sure slow-down and delay in commands-to-action was a thing at some point. Ultimately I was just happy as a kid to be playing my first console Sims game that allowed for multi-tier buildings, custom designs for clothing and furniture, a great variety in furniture types, and even cars lol!

Basically without a patch your save file in the sims 3 is a ticking time bomb. They didn't optimize the game properly for consoles when they released it so basically every single time you save the game you're slowly overloading the system to the point where the save file eventually reaches a breaking point and becomes useless.
Depending on how many sims you have depends on how quickly you get to that point but it's basically inevitable without the patch.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo

User Info: DAZMikey

DAZMikey
3 months ago#12
My unplayed Sims like to change into that ugly blue/red head wrap that's seen on like every male Sim in the base game...makes creating unique characters pointless when they change into the same things a ton of other Sims are wearing.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#13
TheCrimsonEmo posted...

It actually WAS on sale, you just missed it. I bought it though and can definitely vouch for it. I got surprisingly a ton of fun out of it that I wasn't expecting to have. City life is disappointing though. The city itself is nice but besides visiting karaoke bars or one nice penthouse apartment there's extremely little to do and even less you can customise or play around with. Definitely not worth full price. I should of bought the pets bundle instead... tch.

When, exactly? I've been checking Sims 4's PSN every day. Are you a PC player? As far as I know, sales on Origin and PSN aren't exactly... what's the word, parallel? Happen at the same time.

I disagree about City Living though; it gave me exactly what it said on the label: city living. Plus, I bought it as part of a bundle back when Sims 4 came out and have regularly made use of the content from those packs since, thus paying for itself in the long run. I enjoy apartment-hopping as well as apartment-to-sub-urb to country hopping since that's kinda more relatable a life pattern for a citizen aspiring to become a countryman like myself lol.

Not to mention, the Asian themed clothing and objects have proved invaluable. Plus, it gels well with the Get to Work pack (which I think I paid too much for, half off would have been a better deal but I guess in the long run it'll pay for itself...) since I played as an artistic cop lol, and I'd imagine policeman have more work to do in San Myshuno than some tranquil sub-urb.

Basically without a patch your save file in the sims 3 is a ticking time bomb. They didn't optimize the game properly for consoles when they released it so basically every single time you save the game you're slowly overloading the system to the point where the save file eventually reaches a breaking point and becomes useless.
I recall that happening with the Sims 3 Pets, actually. Not so much with the Sims 3 for Xbox 360 (not my choice of console for the game, but some distant relatives bought it for me as a kid and I had fun with it despite that lol) and I hadn't patched either for years since I didn't have the internet at the time.

User Info: TheCrimsonEmo

TheCrimsonEmo
3 months ago#14
SiegvonWal posted...
TheCrimsonEmo posted...

When, exactly? I've been checking Sims 4's PSN every day. Are you a PC player? As far as I know, sales on Origin and PSN aren't exactly... what's the word, parallel? Happen at the same time.

I disagree about City Living though; it gave me exactly what it said on the label: city living. Plus, I bought it as part of a bundle back when Sims 4 came out and have regularly made use of the content from those packs since, thus paying for itself in the long run. I enjoy apartment-hopping as well as apartment-to-sub-urb to country hopping since that's kinda more relatable a life pattern for a citizen aspiring to become a countryman like myself lol.

It was during the January sale I think. The sims 4 and half the dlc packs were all on sale. I'm in the UK so I'm guessing things might be different where you are perhaps? I guess I just assumed all of PSN works on the same network.

I enjoy city living and the household I'm currently playing lives there but I don't really feel we were given our money's worth with it. I love the gym, the sky bars, the karaoke bars and the penthouses are fine but I felt for the money you could of been given more bang for your buck, even just another district to explore.
The city just feels really empty and lifeless most of the time, the apartments feel really claustrophobic and seemingly come with more cons than pros to live in... I just feel more could of been done, really.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SamThompsonX http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com/
Xbox/PSN & Steam Gamertag - The Crimson Emo/TheCrimsonEmo

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#15
TheCrimsonEmo posted...
It was during the January sale I think. The sims 4 and half the dlc packs were all on sale. I'm in the UK so I'm guessing things might be different where you are perhaps? I guess I just assumed all of PSN works on the same network.
PSN has a variety of different networks based on region, as what's available on Japanese PSN isn't necessarily available on American PSN, or what's on American PSN might not be available on South American or English or European PSN (and yes, I discovered recently that South America has games it can or can't get so it's probably a region as far as PSN is concerned).

Meanwhile, Maxis has had sales that varied per country (from what I remember reading in their patch notes so long ago) let alone platform (Origin versus PSN versus Xbox... One Life? Don't know what they call it now lol).

However Get Together might have been discounted in January in American PSN but I missed it then lol, so now I wait to catch it half off or so!
I enjoy city living and the household I'm currently playing lives there but I don't really feel we were given our money's worth with it. I love the gym, the sky bars, the karaoke bars and the penthouses are fine but I felt for the money you could of been given more bang for your buck, even just another district to explore.
You can rip apart a lot of the plots in San Myshuno though. For example, you could turn San Myshuno's big park into a big mansion/castle instead, and penthouses are essentially like regular houses but high up (in terms of what's permitted), but minus the basements (I think). I just enjoy the complete package and having a City to play in, even if I mostly just had my sim (who was my OG sim's eldest son) work at a police station and spend most of his home time painting and banging then marrying then making babies with a sim I modeled after Kim Yohman.

I didn't do much outside the apartment (since I mostly play the Sims from the household rather than go out and do much) but I did enjoy seeing my original sim sing with his new daughter in law before my his son's siblings and household friends lol!

The city just feels really empty and lifeless most of the time, the apartments feel really claustrophobic and seemingly come with more cons than pros to live in... I just feel more could of been done, really.
That's pretty realistic, being an apartment dweller IRL all my life. Unless it's in a good neighborhood or high end, it's basically a small-spaced sardine can where living conditions vary wildly depending on the lower or upper neighbor.

I like starting out in a crappy apartment since that more or less models my real and getting my Sim eventually out of the crappy apartment models my real life aspirations as well, except unlike my real life desires I had my City Living sim apartment hop until he reached the penthouse in the southwestern district. Quite fun, I enjoyed the added challenges and change of pace.

However it did cramp on being able to build houses of various types and tastes and all that, which is why I plan on playing in either Oasis Springs or Brindleton Bay (having bought Cats & Dogs on sale) so I can enjoy THAT kind of traditional progression again.

However, having recently looked up what items City Living gave, I've made use of so much of it that I've taken it for granted. Namely the Asian dresses, game consoles, futons, and probably some more stuff including the low-end furniture.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Sims wearing clothing you didn't choose for them.