• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Newbie question about saving.

User Info: Weisbrot

Weisbrot
4 months ago#1
I have made two characters who live next door to each other.
Is my last save saving the development of both characters?
Say A and B meet each other while I play A, will B's development be saved when I play further with B?
Does a save count for the whole neighbourhood and all it's inhabitants?
It is al little unclear for me.
Thanks in advance!

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
4 months ago#2
I haven't done what you're trying to do but I don't think it does that.

If you're playing Character A in one household then Character B is doing stuff on their own. Character B won't "freeze in time" (if that makes sense) when you're playing A and vice versa.

As for their development. Then yes, it should count for the whole neighborhood as far as I'm aware. Hopefully someone else can provide a more clear cut answer for you if you haven't found it elsewhere already.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

Weisbrot
4 months ago#3
GRTooCool posted...
I haven't done what you're trying to do but I don't think it does that.

If you're playing Character A in one household then Character B is doing stuff on their own. Character B won't "freeze in time" (if that makes sense) when you're playing A and vice versa.

As for their development. Then yes, it should count for the whole neighborhood as far as I'm aware. Hopefully someone else can provide a more clear cut answer for you if you haven't found it elsewhere already.

Thanks for your answer! :)

User Info: Gold Slime

Gold Slime
4 months ago#4
Each household only has a lasting effect on their own household. Whichever one you aren't playing is no different than one of the game crated NPC households. I had two households across the street from each other. Boris in household A and Natasha in household B. While playing A I had Boris romance and marry Natasha who then moved in with him. When I played household B Natasha was still single and exactly how she was the last time I'd played household B except now her neighbor Boris had a wife named Natasha who looked exactly like her.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

Weisbrot
4 months ago#5
Gold Slime posted...
Each household only has a lasting effect on their own household. Whichever one you aren't playing is no different than one of the game crated NPC households. I had two households across the street from each other. Boris in household A and Natasha in household B. While playing A I had Boris romance and marry Natasha who then moved in with him. When I played household B Natasha was still single and exactly how she was the last time I'd played household B except now her neighbor Boris had a wife named Natasha who looked exactly like her.

Ah thanks, that's rather weird, but was it one savegame?
Or savegame A and savegame B?

User Info: Gold Slime

Gold Slime
4 months ago#6
Each household was its own save.
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
4 months ago#7
To be clear:

If it's the same save game, then stuff is consistent. So if two households are neighbors and a girl from one marries the boy from the other, then the next time you play from the perspective of the girl's old household she'll be marked as married to the boy and she'll be living with him (assuming you told them to, as normally NPCs don't marry or really do much in terms of marriage and children from what I can tell).

If you have two different saves, then it's effectively two different worlds/playthroughs. Anything done in Save 1 won't affect what goes on in Save 2.
Ya iz russki bot
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 4
  3. Newbie question about saving.
  • Topic Archived