• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paranormal / Conspiracy
  3. I believe in the Sasquatch
Feral_Thug 2 months ago#21
I don't know what sasquatches are thinking, I'm just basing it off the fact they are not walking around urban centers so for whatever reason they must know to avoid us, or they fear us, or as we encroach into their woods they retreat further instead of fighting back.

It's true most people have cell phones, but the picture quality on them is bad, especially if you are trying to photograph a moving animal from a great distance in dimly lit undergrowth. Someone could get a picture of one but then critics would come back and say the evidence is unusable because it is dark and blurry. Well even with a real expensive camera that would probably be the case too. Even in daytime I have taken pictures of animals 300+ feet away and due to the zoom the picture is dark, and at that distance the animal moving combined with my hand movements, it's still blurry.

For fossils, all I can say is I don't know if many people have done serious fossil searching in the Pacific northwest. There are probably tons of dinosaur bones under the forests that have still never been found because it's just not a place people really excavate too deeply, probably due to cost, terrain, and lack of motive.
Zeus 2 months ago#22
Feral_Thug posted...
It's true most people have cell phones, but the picture quality on them is bad, especially if you are trying to photograph a moving animal from a great distance in dimly lit undergrowth.

That was an argument twenty years ago, but it doesn't really fly anymore. Most high-end phones today have cameras better than dedicated cameras even fifteen years ago (with the obvious exception of high-end professional cameras which 99.99% of people don't use anyway)

Feral_Thug posted...
Someone could get a picture of one but then critics would come back and say the evidence is unusable because it is dark and blurry. Well even with a real expensive camera that would probably be the case too. Even in daytime I have taken pictures of animals 300+ feet away and due to the zoom the picture is dark, and at that distance the animal moving combined with my hand movements, it's still blurry.

Overlooking that most of these sightings aren't at night, we can get clear images of animals so unless sasquatches are magic, that's a little flimsy.

Feral_Thug posted...
For fossils, all I can say is I don't know if many people have done serious fossil searching in the Pacific northwest.

lolwut?

Feral_Thug posted...
There are probably tons of dinosaur bones under the forests that have still never been found because it's just not a place people really excavate too deeply, probably due to cost, terrain, and lack of motive.

...not really how fossil records work. Like, at all. Not even in the ballpark.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-biology/chapter/evidence-of-evolution/
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
Feral_Thug 2 months ago#23
Zeus posted...
we can get clear images of animals so unless sasquatches are magic, that's a little flimsy.
Professional photographers can. The average person who just takes selfies and pictures of their sleeping cat isn't going to produce quality photos. I do birdwatching so I see a lot of other people's pictures posted, people who have spent a lot of money on cameras just to take pictures of birds. You wouldn't believe the amount of blurry ducks that are just sitting there on the water doing nothing that get posted. And these are presumably by people who know how to focus, zoom, set an aperature, etc. Someone that is completely surprised by a sasquatch is going to be shaking in fear and if they can even get their phone of their pocket in time and not drop it, are probably going to fumble the buttons, not have a steady aim, etc., that is if they even think rationally enough to try to get a picture in the first place and are not busy fearing for their life at what they are not sure is in front of them. Then you add to that the darkness from the forest canopy and shadows and I think it's very realistic there are no clear pictures of them.
Zeus 1 month ago#24
Feral_Thug posted...
Professional photographers can. The average person who just takes selfies and pictures of their sleeping cat isn't going to produce quality photos. I do birdwatching so I see a lot of other people's pictures posted, people who have spent a lot of money on cameras just to take pictures of birds. You wouldn't believe the amount of blurry ducks that are just sitting there on the water doing nothing that get posted. And these are presumably by people who know how to focus, zoom, set an aperature, etc. Someone that is completely surprised by a sasquatch is going to be shaking in fear and if they can even get their phone of their pocket in time and not drop it, are probably going to fumble the buttons, not have a steady aim, etc., that is if they even think rationally enough to try to get a picture in the first place and are not busy fearing for their life at what they are not sure is in front of them. Then you add to that the darkness from the forest canopy and shadows and I think it's very realistic there are no clear pictures of them.

I've taken better photos of deer on my cellphone than the best alleged photos of bigfoot out there.

But in the same way people can't take a photo, it's worth noting that most of the viewers aren't professionals so -- if they're not on drugs or booze -- they're likely seeing something quickly and thinking it was bigfoot.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
vycebrand2 1 month ago#25
_Ever_Grande_ posted...
aka Nephilim
i know it's just stories. I think they were giants so thats a maybe.
Evil does seek to maintain power by suppressing the truth
I've never had a bigfoot encounter, but the guy who lives across the hall has had several encounters, and all of them were unpleasant. Then there's a guy who lives on the floor below me who's had encounters. The guy who lives across from me told me recently that there's a part of town near the Iowa/Missouri border in which his mom called him because she and several neighbors heard something rummaging through their garbage cans out in the alley, so they turned on their back lights, and looked out, and saw a tall, hairy ape-like man creature holding a dog under one of its arms, and he said it was limp, like he snapped its neck or something. It just carried it off and left. Just telling you what he told me. Pretty interesting. Too bad the town is kind of far away from me.

And now that I think about it, I think one of the guys told me that there have been sightings in my town also. I'll ask for more info.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0; 0 rows returned
Paranormal/Conspiracy Hall of Fame: https://www.angelfire.com/realm3/pchalloffame/
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Paranormal / Conspiracy
  3. I believe in the Sasquatch
  • Post New Message