You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paranormal / Conspiracy
  3. I believe in the Sasquatch
TakashiMifune85 4 months ago#1
I’m generally a skeptic. That being said, I’ve always liked ghost stories and the stories about cryptids and other fantastical things, ever since I was a kid. The one thing that I do actually believe in, more so than UFOs being alien technology, is the Sasquatch. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because of my proximity to the Rocky Mountains my whole life, but there is something very plausible about the existence of the Sasquatch I think. Obviously there must be a large-ish community of creatures that have somehow evaded scientific documentation. How that’s possible, I don’t know. Regardless, the stories seem to go back for centuries, and I can actually see this one species actually possibly existing. Never had an experience with them myself though. I wish.
"Massive, massive quantities. And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!"
-- Gordon Cole
Zeus 4 months ago#2
I want to believe in sasquatch an yeti. They're very cool concepts. However, while the yeti is a maybe in my book, I've mostly written off sasquatch... even though I'll watch a lot of paranormal investigation shows that look into sightings (like MonsterQuest, although that's more vintage). There's something really fun about those shows.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
TakashiMifune85 4 months ago#3
Zeus posted...
I want to believe in sasquatch an yeti. They're very cool concepts. However, while the yeti is a maybe in my book, I've mostly written off sasquatch... even though I'll watch a lot of paranormal investigation shows that look into sightings (like MonsterQuest, although that's more vintage). There's something really fun about those shows.

Why have you written off the Sasquatch? Too easy to hoax, or is it’s supposed habitat too overpopulated by us for it to be probable?

"Massive, massive quantities. And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!"
-- Gordon Cole
Zeus 4 months ago#4
TakashiMifune85 posted...
Why have you written off the Sasquatch? Too easy to hoax, or is it’s supposed habitat too overpopulated by us for it to be probable?

I feel like we live in too close proximity to have not found something conclusive after all these years, and most of the video evidence so far has either turned out to be fake or looks fake.

The few places that feel like an "okay, maybe" for sasquatch are more the Alaskan and Canadian wilderness where people only occasionally visit. Otherwise human encroachment should be leading to verifiable encounters left and right, considering how every other animal has a few members wander near homes, etc. And while sasquatch would likely be highly intelligent, generally intelligent creatures are curious. Every other animal that goes out of its way to use its senses to avoid humans in the wild will have at least some members wander into civilization and, if the sasquatch are distantly related to humans, their senses likely aren't as keen as some of those other animals who can smell a person from miles away.

In short, I'm a lot iffier on sasquatch when they're said to be our neighbors.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
ManFromUncle 4 months ago#5
this is the first episode in a multi part podcast series about the patterson/gimlin film. it takes a bit to through the series but if youre interested in sasquatch, you'll enjoy it. it goes into a ton of little details that i had never heard before regarding the film.

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2019/4/13/ep-139-the-patterson-gimlin-film-part-1

Solomon Grundzarro, born day after tomorrow
(edited 4 months ago)
rodu_jr 4 months ago#6
there is nothing in the North American fossil record to suggest it's existence
ManFromUncle 4 months ago#7
this dude has some pretty good videos, some address the fossil records

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJLEQ0AoKBwD0I_IzSO5wg
Solomon Grundzarro, born day after tomorrow
_Ever_Grande_ 4 months ago#8
aka Nephilim
https://youtu.be/4CJ0Om3MH4E
vampirehunterx 4 months ago#9
I want to see a female version.
For nothing sexual lol just wanna see how they raise there children compared to humans. Really curious about that
Don't care what you tag me as freak off.
Dam right I'm a **** up. **** yeah I'm a low life. Rather be the person i am then live your life.
Feral_Thug 4 months ago#10
I think the sasquatch can exist also. I live in the Pacific Northwest and once you get away from the cities it is amazing how dense the forests really are. I was walking on a path and heard a rustling in the bushes next to me and a baby deer walked out right in front of me, obviously too young to even know I could be a threat, and continued on to the bushes on the other side and vanished. If it had just stayed in there I'd have walked right by and never have known I was 2 feet away from a deer. You can be surrounded by wildlife and never know it. It doesn't surprise me that what is purported to be a very intelligent humanoid would know how to conceal itself, and it wouldn't take a tremendous amount of effort really in the deepest parts of the forest.
  1. Boards
  2. Paranormal / Conspiracy
  3. I believe in the Sasquatch