You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#1
The gameplay, intro, presentation, menu system....

It's like a different team worked on this. It's better than any other in tt: twd series so far. Streamlined, cinematic.....even the ability to easily rename save files is done well here.

However the story itself is ok. You have the ok part where you fight zombies and humana and try to survive.
But then you have the amazing psychological aspect of her childrens ghosts coming into play. I think I'd love to see a telltale silent hill game.

And of course these 3 episodes are all much shorter than the Season 1 game ones. But i think that's what telltale were going for.

Regardless, it was interesting to see innocent people getting hurt as a result of your actions, and the final choice in the game is brilliant, it's why I am replaying it, to choose the uh....emotional option.
Michonne herself is portrayed well here and is a great character.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#2
Plus, replacing her trademark katana with a machete was pure genius.
http://i.imgur.com/iNfJAtG.jpg

User Info: brute_strength

brute_strength
1 month ago#3
What does any of this have to do with the Final Season? Michonne and Clem have no interaction.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#4
brute_strength posted...
What does any of this have to do with the Final Season? Michonne and Clem have no interaction.

So far. Who's to say some of the other characters like Pete won't arrive in the final season?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Tom Clark

Tom Clark
1 month ago#5
The theme song / opening credits sequence is brilliant, the bit on the boat in Episode One was suitably atmospheric, and as a big fan of the comics, I appreciated the way it bridged the gap between issues 126 and 127.

But overall the game felt a bit hollow. It never felt like anything that was being done mattered much, because the comics had already shown what happened afterwards, and so none of the choices really felt like they would have any kind of impact.

I liked getting more of the comic story, but I wish this had been a standalone graphic novel like Here's Negan rather than a game - the whole "your choices shape the narrative" doesn't really fly when at the same time a major part of the games' marketing is that this is an interquel to a pre-determined existing story (this is why I'm also a bit cold about Glenn and Jesus being in the games tbh).

It wasn't bad, but it felt very much like the gameplay was more of the same, only without any stakes.
http://i.imgur.com/6eF0W.gif

User Info: RoyalsDK

RoyalsDK
1 month ago#6
There was nothing memorable in the Michonne stuff for me.

Only the decision to run out the window or go to your kids part. Other than that I don’t remember much. I was never disturbed or felt my decisions mattered much.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
4 weeks ago#7
Sega9599 posted...
brute_strength posted...

So far. Who's to say some of the other characters like Pete won't arrive in the final season?

You really think that, especially when the 400 days characters except Bonnie have no relevance outside of a small cameo in season 2.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!
(message deleted)