There's no denying the game is a flop.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  3. There's no denying the game is a flop.

User Info: grandabx

grandabx
4 months ago#1
1. Butchering player's favorite characters to chase after some imaginary audience. Can you imagine what the reaction would be like if Street Fighter's Akuma was missing his Demon Flip, Hurricane kick and half of his normal attacks were forcibly placed behind two buttons you had to press to cycle through to reach them? They turned C into a damn mini-game!

2. Selling players a tiny @ss roster for a 2v2 and placing old assets as dlc for a $10 increase in sales revenue. At first Blake and Yang were going to be PAID dlc. Can you believe that?

3. Cutting the stage visibility in half which has characters going fully off-screen like the game is still in the beta phase. When did BB and P4 become ground-only games?

4. Promoting a watered-down game to so-called "weaker-skilled" non-Japanese players while at the same time putting every waifu-type character in with barely any villains or the rest of the fan favorites.

A week after dbfz came out, these people were bragging about it's sales. There hasn't been anything concerning sales for Japan or America to talk about. Why would anyone fully invested in these fighters in Japan care about a money-grab when they have fully active communities in all of these games already. You can't get them to come over because you took what was fun about these characters away from them.

Even got SKD out here shilling because he's sponsored and BBCF is dead mainstream-tournament-wise. It's his JOB. He'a going to super-shill.

All they had to do was include the 40 in the base roster, add a tag button to BB's already established basic mechanics (like barrier and instant-blocking) open up the stages a little more and add the persona all-out attacks/auto-combos to the rest of the non-persona cast. Done.

Game was rushed out with NO thought (except greed and arrogance) and they are going to be punished for this MESS.

https://twitter.com/georugeorz/status/1007634702189015041
"in Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad that doesn't work". - Satoru Iwata

User Info: Stephen707

Stephen707
4 months ago#2
https://youtu.be/kJKvs0Q6LIg
CFN: CrazyDiamond707

User Info: DeathVelvien

DeathVelvien
4 months ago#3
grandabx posted...
3. Cutting the stage visibility in half which has characters going fully off-screen like the game is still in the beta phase. When did BB and P4 become ground-only games?

One of these days, you will realize that you are literally the only person complaining about this.
Under Night: Phonon/Orie/Enkidu | BBCTB: Orie/Hyde/Waldstein | Arizona Diamondbacks: 35-29
https://imgtc.com/i/7OdpfSogwx.gif

User Info: Coolio86

Coolio86
4 months ago#4
I feel like the premise of the game was excellent. Execution needed work (controls), roster selection needed work, their sales strategy was kinda pitiful, and their marketing should have been clearer for RWBY fans...but it’s still a fun game.

I hope they learn from their mistakes.
Pokemon Black FC 1978 9485 5036
3DS FC: 1907-9662-4769

User Info: Mizerous

Mizerous
4 months ago#5
A season 2 would certainly help that isn't guest characters.
You know what it is.
Playing: Dragon Quest VIII

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
4 months ago#6
Coolio86 posted...
I feel like the premise of the game was excellent. Execution needed work (controls), roster selection needed work, their sales strategy was kinda pitiful, and their marketing should have been clearer for RWBY fans...but it’s still a fun game.

I hope they learn from their mistakes.

This is a good summary.

User Info: xNinjaOfChaosx

xNinjaOfChaosx
4 months ago#7
DeathVelvien posted...
grandabx posted...

One of these days, you will realize that you are literally the only person complaining about this.

Right? It's getting to the point where he's basically Ryu2968, with screen size being the "RWBY is da best" shtick.
http://i.imgur.com/CvoVsVq.jpg

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
4 months ago#8
grandabx posted...
Even got SKD out here shilling because he's sponsored and BBCF is dead mainstream-tournament-wise. It's his JOB. He'a going to super-shill.

I can't stand this . . .

He likes it so he must be a shill.

Get out of here with that . . .
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: AlbedoX

AlbedoX
4 months ago#9
I agree...the butchering of the characters really gets to me. They could have added the moves as command normals, like 4A, 6B, etc.

Rise is coming to BBTag and I'm afraid they are going to ruin her too. I bet that her D laser will not be in the game, as well as 2C, and the DDR super.
DBFZ: Cell, Kid Buu, Vegeta | BBTag: Blake, Ruby, Weiss
P4U2: Shadow Labrys, Rise | Kof2002UM: Xiangfei, K', Kasumi

User Info: grandabx

grandabx
4 months ago#10
DeathVelvien posted...
grandabx posted...

That s*** looks f***ing stupid. Regular BB and P4 don't have characters going off-screen when they jump high. Give me a reason why this game is doing such a thing? Break it down for me otherwise I will.
"in Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad that doesn't work". - Satoru Iwata
  1. Boards
  2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  3. There's no denying the game is a flop.
  • Topic Archived