• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  3. Mori's comments regarding DLC and the storm that followed it

User Info: Zaigou

Zaigou
2 years ago#1
https://www.destructoid.com/we-talked-to-the-creator-of-blazblue-about-the-cross-tag-battle-dlc-controversy-488699.phtml

While there is some bits of information here (like clarifying that Orie, Kanji and s***inum are free for the first two weeks upon release), I want to focus on Mori's agreement that they really messed up when Blake was announced.

"I'm in total agreement. We've been making efforts to make the price accessible for everyone, but we should have communicated it a lot more clearly though so we didn't have that misunderstanding. Our first mistake was announcing [fighter] Blake as DLC before saying she was free. What should have happened is that we should have said Blake is coming as a DLC for free. But because of so many events late last year and early this year, we wanted to announce things little by little. Unfortunately the first announcement was muddled. We said Blake was DLC but we should have announced it all at once. That caused confusion and Arc is very sorry for that."

Yes, I am sure you guys totally had in mind to have Blake free and not at all try to sell her off as part of that initial All-in-One DLC package. You're a lying sack of crap Mori and I'll be damned if I ever take your word for anything again. But at least THIS time he was actually forced to apologize for someone at ASW f***ing up. I'll call that a small victory because, AFAIK, most Japanese game designers don't actively do this.
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
2 years ago#2
I figured Blake and Yang were going to be free dlc before they even made that announcement. All the backlash did was make ASW clarify what was going on with the dlc.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: Freeze_Flare

Freeze_Flare
2 years ago#3
Well, can't say I partly disagree with the rest of his statements. But at least this puts ArcSys above Capcom in regards to addressing that they f'd up with the DLC debacle. And this is why presentation is VERY important with marketing a product.

All in all, this apology, the ENG dub confirmation and the price addressing: I guess I can forgive ArcSys...for now. Will still be on a lookout though...

User Info: judgementaeon

judgementaeon
2 years ago#4
Yeah, that Blake statement honestly sounds like a load of crap imo. I can't possibly see how they thought both...

A. Revealing in a trailer that she's DLC just by saying "DLC Character"

And B. Not even BEGINNING to state that she's free afterward

...was a good idea, if they really intended for her and Yang to be free.
Not allowed to be hyped for anything. It always backfires.

User Info: Pyrodeyx_293

Pyrodeyx_293
2 years ago#5
Is that what he really said? lol.

If Blake and Yang were actually free then they would have been added into the base game from the start. He's just saying that to save face.

Once again, Mori is still a liar.
"Man, what a bunch of jokers."
-Reyn- (XC1)

Zaigou
2 years ago#6
Freeze_Flare posted...
Well, can't say I partly disagree with the rest of his statements. But at least this puts ArcSys above Capcom in regards to addressing that they f'd up with the DLC debacle. And this is why presentation is VERY important with marketing a product.

All in all, this apology, the ENG dub confirmation and the price addressing: I guess I can forgive ArcSys...for now. Will still be on a lookout though...

If nothing else, this just means that the backlash HAD enough of an effect on them that they couldn't simply ignore. After all, if people buy your half-finished products anyway why pay heed to the complaints? Adding in a dub and these "free" characters is a nice gesture but it doesn't mean I'll blindly buy a half-done game at launch.

judgementaeon posted...
Yeah, that Blake statement honestly sounds like a load of crap imo. I can't possibly see how they thought both...

A. Revealing in a trailer that she's DLC just by saying "DLC Character"

And B. Not even BEGINNING to state that she's free afterward

...was a good idea, if they really intended for her and Yang to be free.

You'd think that if Blake and Yang being free was the idea from the start they'd have come out and said so IMMEDIATELY to diffuse the situation and stop it from escalating. But nope, they waited and waited until just recently to confirm it, but now most people are on alert. Which is why I am convinced they originally planned to sell them off as paid DLC but got strung up and stabbed with word shivs that they HAD to change their plans.

User Info: mastermix3000

mastermix3000
2 years ago#7
Back-Pedaling at its finest
RIP in peace Junpei 6/1/17 :(

Zaigou
2 years ago#8
mastermix3000 posted...
Back-Pedaling at its finest

Also this. Too bad Mori stepped on a minefield and now he's faced with treading much more carefully lest another chain-kaboom happens.

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
2 years ago#9
I still believe the dub was in response to this backlash.

Look at how stubborn they were with Central Fiction, which I STILL won't stop ignoring for getting shafted over this.
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: 5hadows

5hadows
2 years ago#10
Zaigou posted...
But nope, they waited and waited until just recently to confirm it, but now most people are on alert. Which is why I am convinced they originally planned to sell them off as paid DLC but got strung up and stabbed with word shivs that they HAD to change their plans.

This, them being free DLC from the get-go makes 0 sense and the only plausible explanation is that they needed time to discuss it internally and change plans accordingly to avoid some of the backlash.

It takes a next level of mental incapacity to not do anything to damage control the issue on day 1 if they could, so if for some reason Mori is saying the truth then they should fire more than a few people.
Ill add something here later....
  1. Boards
  2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  3. Mori's comments regarding DLC and the storm that followed it
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A