• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  3. beware of Gol and Maia's Citadel bug, it can break the game

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
2 years ago#1
I reached Gol and Maia's Citadel with 94 orbs. I still had a some eggs to collect from the Spider Cave and two of the zoomer runs between areas, but it was a good stopping place, so after the intro cutscene to the area I quit the game.

When I loaded it up the next day I found myself at the top of the citadel outside of the door to the final boss. I don't know why. I knew I had an online save, so I went ahead and freed the Sage which opened the door and I could progress to the final boss fight. However, I hadn't actually done anything else in the citadel, so I jumped my way all the way back down to the start and took freed one of the earlier sages at which point the game crashed. I fired up the game and repeated the same steps and it crashed again.

I ended up downloading my save from online and then jumping down to the starting spot, BUT NOT freeing the last sage which opens the door before I worked my way down and the game seems to be okay.

So, if you reload in the citadel or somehow find yourself in a spot you shouldn't be at based on your last save, beware.

User Info: benjanime

benjanime
2 years ago#2
Errrm... collecting spider eggs? what?

kasplat360
2 years ago#3
benjanime posted...
Errrm... collecting spider eggs? what?

Sorry, 94 Power Cells and I meant Precursor Orbs, not eggs.

I only mentioned the Power Cells in case having a particular amount causes the bug, like over 90?!

User Info: Hyaku_Man

Hyaku_Man
2 years ago#4
That has never happened to me. Pretty weird I must say.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 years ago#5
I usually beat the Citadel in one go anyway. It's not an overly complex level to begin with.
http://i.imgur.com/7Uph9OX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7h1l618.jpg

User Info: _pluizig_

_pluizig_
2 years ago#6
This just happened to me. My only (auto)save is from freeing Samos (the final sage). FML. Hope they patch it soon.
To err is human, to arr is pirate.

kasplat360
2 years ago#7
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
I usually beat the Citadel in one go anyway. It's not an overly complex level to begin with.

I had stopped because it was the end of the day and I had just done hours of playing and wanted to finish it fresh.

kasplat360
2 years ago#8
_pluizig_ posted...
This just happened to me. My only (auto)save is from freeing Samos (the final sage). FML. Hope they patch it soon.

I know from when it happened to me that you can still attempt the final boss fight, at least I didn't experience any crashes.

If you do send in a crash report it would be worth typing in the specific circumstance if you have a USB or Bluetooth keyboard to make the typing easier.

User Info: RPG_Overlord

RPG_Overlord
2 years ago#9
_pluizig_ posted...

I had this same error not too long ago and found that the game would always crash after freeing a different sage and obtaining their respective Power Cell, but I discovered a fix:

Since the game autosaves when you obtain a Power Cell, watch the auto-save symbol in the bottom corner when you obtain one of the other sages' Power Cells. Once the symbol vanishes, immediately pause (touchpad) then quit out of the game. When you start the game back up, you should be right next to the "broken" cage for that sage and have that latest Power Cell. You'll have to do this for every other Power Cell in the Citadel.

User Info: k_Reign

k_Reign
2 years ago#10
RPG_Overlord posted...
_pluizig_ posted...

I had this same error not too long ago and found that the game would always crash after freeing a different sage and obtaining their respective Power Cell, but I discovered a fix:

Since the game autosaves when you obtain a Power Cell, watch the auto-save symbol in the bottom corner when you obtain one of the other sages' Power Cells. Once the symbol vanishes, immediately pause (touchpad) then quit out of the game. When you start the game back up, you should be right next to the "broken" cage for that sage and have that latest Power Cell. You'll have to do this for every other Power Cell in the Citadel.

Thank you so much..... this happened to my friend and this saved us several hours of redoing the game. Thank you
  1. Boards
  2. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  3. beware of Gol and Maia's Citadel bug, it can break the game
  • Topic Archived