• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  3. Wait a minute...this isn't the HD version...

User Info: ShinWesker

ShinWesker
2 years ago#1
This is the PS2 "Emulation with Trophies" port !!!

Wow.

User Info: NotACertainTree

NotACertainTree
2 years ago#2
It's in HD.
(((Want to see a PS2 game on PS4 in 1080p? Tweet Sony #ps2ps4)))

ShinWesker
2 years ago#3
Yep, but not the remastered version.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
2 years ago#4
Yes, as advertised. No offense to you personally, but it's only your fault you didn't know this. Youtube, Sony, and Playstation Blog advertised it as the PS2 Ports they are.

Generally, this was a better move than giving us the remasters. The remasters have several flaws themselves. Assuming the sound is higher quality (HD), the only other thing I prefer from the remaster feature and technical wise, is the re-designed-actual (silver) "Metal"-heads and more consistent framerate.

PS4V has the most vibrant colors and graphical effects. The remaster is overrated and had a decent amount of problems. Still a pretty great rem, but it did have numerous cons that are worth being acknowledged-. If the PS4V had more stable frame-rate, it'd be the best version hands down. PS4PV is said to run better, which is why im encouraging testers on YT to do more comparison videos with PS4P.
Nearly the greatest thing to ever happen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7Wm-zyOc8

ShinWesker
2 years ago#5
I got it for free, so no problem there. I don't think I complained about this version.

User Info: TatsuSuou

TatsuSuou
2 years ago#6
It runs at a higher resolution than the HD remaster which is simply HD. This is full HD (1080p).
Feel The Ether
http://backloggery.com/Mayadome

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 years ago#7
The PS3 version can kiss my ass.
http://i.imgur.com/hEi0Ues.png

User Info: addisonswim1

addisonswim1
2 years ago#8
PS3 natively runs at a higher resolution and has better overall textures. Native resolution is different than up-scaling.

Overall I'm more worried about Jak 2, I'd rather have a remaster than a EMU of these games.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
2 years ago#9
addisonswim1 posted...
PS3 natively runs at a higher resolution and has better overall textures. Native resolution is different than up-scaling.

Overall I'm more worried about Jak 2, I'd rather have a remaster than a EMU of these games.

Supposely. PS4 has better textures.... The ports are uprendered more than they are up-scaled so it's not really prominent.

Jak II is going too look better since it actually has 6th Gen graphics. JaD always looked weak, aside from launch-period. It aged poorly, the PS3V showed this as well (not like it got the Uncharted Drake's Fortune PS4 treatment nor especially that treatment of its own originally created main menu graphic feature - it literally didn't even look like that during the pre-rendered cutscenes), so I have no idea why people trying to make it seem like JaD looked phenomonal on PS3. It didn't even look better than the PS2Vs of Jak II and Jak 3.
Nearly the greatest thing to ever happen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7Wm-zyOc8

User Info: addisonswim1

addisonswim1
2 years ago#10
LightEcoSage posted...
addisonswim1 posted...

Supposely. PS4 has better textures.... The ports are uprendered more than they are up-scaled so it's not really prominent.

Jak II is going too look better since it actually has 6th Gen graphics. JaD always looked weak, aside from launch-period. It aged poorly, the PS3V showed this as well (not like it got the Uncharted Drake's Fortune PS4 treatment nor especially that treatment of its own originally created main menu graphic feature - it literally didn't even look like that during the pre-rendered cutscenes), so I have no idea why people trying to make it seem like JaD looked phenomonal on PS3. It didn't even look better than the PS2Vs of Jak II and Jak 3.

Jak 2 will likely run terribly on PS4. If the PS4 emu can't carry a consistent 60FPS in a few areas that ran at 60FPS for Jak 1, imagine Jak 2 or 3.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  3. Wait a minute...this isn't the HD version...
  • Topic Archived