• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  3. This makes no sense to me at least...

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
2 years ago#1
Considering the first 3 games were already remastered for PS3 and Vita and they all came with trophy support...they shoulda put a different Jak game on there instead.
PSN: aces4839 - Feel free to add me. Leave a message when doing so or I will not accept the request.

User Info: NotACertainTree

NotACertainTree
2 years ago#2
It makes no sense to have the Jak games in 1080p?

Alrighty.....
(((Want to see a PS2 game on PS4 in 1080p? Tweet Sony #ps2ps4)))

User Info: Hyaku_Man

Hyaku_Man
2 years ago#3
What doesn't sense is the pricing. €14.99 for the 1st game alone!

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
2 years ago#4
Hyaku_Man posted...
What doesn't sense is the pricing. €14.99 for the 1st game alone!

Yeah, I'd be interested in revisiting this game yet again, but that's a bit steep for such an old game since the PS3 trilogy was $30 new for all 3 games.
I could care less about grammar.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
2 years ago#5
aces4839 posted...
Considering the first 3 games were already remastered for PS3 and Vita and they all came with trophy support...they shoulda put a different Jak game on there instead.

I mean X is the only other practical game, so you'd mean X. Remember, TPL was bundled with UTTL, so getting TPL, whether it received a shortcut from its original release date thanks to UTTL or not, makes sense either way. Otherwise, there'd be complaints that TPL was exclusive to UTTL preorders until it came out much later, wether with or without the other Jak games.

People say TLF should be included to. I disagree with that for a few reasons, but the main and only reason Ill say this, which seems to be overlooked by people, is because that version alone is already a port.. and a bad one at that. Not as bad as some ports have been, but enough. Porting a bad port. I'd only play the game to add the platinum to my JaD Trophy Collection.
Nearly the greatest thing to ever happen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7Wm-zyOc8

aces4839
2 years ago#6
I actually didn't like X too much to be honest. The Lost Frontier has room for improvement, definately. I woulda loved to see a Daxter remaster though. That game was fun for the most part. The PSP game with ties to the first and second storylines.
PSN: aces4839 - Feel free to add me. Leave a message when doing so or I will not accept the request.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
2 years ago#7
aces4839 posted...
I actually didn't like X too much to be honest. The Lost Frontier has room for improvement, definately. I woulda loved to see a Daxter remaster though. That game was fun for the most part. The PSP game with ties to the first and second storylines.

You'll give it another try when it comes out on PS4, right? I'd recommend that.

TLF has room for improvement, but PS2oPS4 games are straight PS2 Ports, so they can't really polish TLF to the extent it needs. Daxter is a PSP game, so only way to play that on consoles is via a remaster (as I think devs have out-grown re-releasing poor handheld ports on consoles).

This is 'all' exactly why people should seriously be grateful for JX, even if you dislike it, making the cut, and to show support for it by buying it, especially given it's traditionally a Jak game at its core, just with a different genre makeover. The racing itself is much refined from J3 to, so I can only see biased kart racing fans or gamers who dislike racers not caring for it. It has everything else: good story, fun gameplay, a lot of content, replayvalue, customization, fine graphics, good voice performance and ost, etc.
Nearly the greatest thing to ever happen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7Wm-zyOc8

aces4839
2 years ago#8
I don't need to pay 10-15 bucks to play a game I've beaten for many years unless I really need to.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 years ago#9
Get a load of Geraldo Rivera over here.
http://i.imgur.com/8rZjr5s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7kcezp5.jpg

User Info: Hyaku_Man

Hyaku_Man
2 years ago#10
I don't think they'll ever release Daxter which is sad, but I'd really love to replay that one.
It is a pretty cool game, with some pretty cool mini-games and as OP said the story is relevant as it shows what Daxter did during those 2 years Jak spent in prison.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  3. This makes no sense to me at least...
  • Topic Archived