• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak II
  3. I dislike how the important NPCs simply stop existing unless they have a mission

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
1 year ago#1
That's the case in Jak 3 too, right?
It's been a while since i played that one and i just beat II again.

Anyway it's mostly just a gripe rather than something I outright despise or anything.

Like you can't find anyone like Sig or Keira or Samos or Tess or anyone else just, in any of the places you'd be likely to find them from an in-universe perspective.

Even if they'd have nothing to say, it'd have been cool to see them... exist. Be around. Even if they have nothing to advance the game. Or after you've already finished it.

At least there are a couple times people linger after finishing their mission, like young Samos sitting in the forest after you protect him from the guards while he gets his sage powers, and Tess stays there for a bit after you do that minigame for the Time Map.

And then I have the absolute opposite gripe with the first game. The only characters that exist are important to the plot or are just important enough to have a request or two to get Power Cells from. That game has no random people for the sake of population. That game feels emptier than it could have been, even if adding random, missionless people in the villages wouldn't have actually added anything to the gameplay.

Just felt like getting that off my chest... on this dead board... Yeah.....
...or whatever.
  1. Boards
  2. Jak II
  3. I dislike how the important NPCs simply stop existing unless they have a mission
  • Topic Archived