• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
  3. The Binding of Isaac: AFTERBIRTH???? really

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
2 years ago#1
Friends,

afterbirth really???

some places I see it The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

but above it said afterbirth.

I just do not think I want to play a game with "afterbirth" in the title Maybe you have to have had kids to know first hand what the look and smell of this is.

Good luck.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Back from Costa Rica. I got yelled at by a park ranger, for "shooing" a poisonous snake off the trail with my camera.

User Info: Monoculus

Monoculus
2 years ago#2
Rebirth is the base game, while Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ are expansions, the latter being the definitive version of the game. The title is apt not simply because it comes after Rebirth, but also because the titular Isaac is an infant.

Personally I find the game to be one of the most engrossing I've played - I've logged over 400 hours into various releases dating back to the original Binding of Isaac, and I've still only unlocked about 60% of Rebirth/Afterbirth+'s achievements. However, the title is probably one of the least offensive things about the game - matricide, suicide, and religious torment are all big themes, all wrapped up into a pretty little 2D Zelda/bullet-hell/roguelike mashup.
XBL: RandomTag529 | PSN/Steam ID: FEGuy | NNID: JimBobIX
Core i5-6500 | GTX 1070 OC | 16GB DDR4-2400 | Windows 10 Pro + Arch Linux

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
2 years ago#3
Friends,

THIS ^ is what is what I love about gamefAQS. so to have someone endorse a 'niche" game with such passion and dedication.

thank you for this mini rundown and review on the game.

Cheers!!
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Back from Costa Rica. I got yelled at by a park ranger, for "shooing" a poisonous snake off the trail with my camera.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
  3. The Binding of Isaac: AFTERBIRTH???? really
  • Topic Archived