• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Best time for Pain Area and DLC dungeons?

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
1 month ago#1
I'm on ch. 9 on my first playthrough, and the girls are about lvl 65 with 90%+ skills learned. Will I be strong enough for Pain and DLC dungeons?

When do they become unavailable, after ch. 9 or 10?
I'll be a father before FF XVII comes out :(

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
1 month ago#2
There are no DLC dungeons, just a DLC boss. The boss itself is quite strong on normal with loads of HP. 65 should be a decent level to start tackling the Pain Area. Most battles aren't that tough.

Oh, and once you set foot at Odyssia and defeat Ripuka, you can't go back.
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SWBF2Pilot

SWBF2Pilot
1 month ago#3
aces4839 posted...
There are no DLC dungeons, just a DLC boss. The boss itself is quite strong on normal with loads of HP. 65 should be a decent level to start tackling the Pain Area. Most battles aren't that tough.

Oh, and once you set foot at Odyssia and defeat Ripuka, you can't go back.

...There are supposedly two "DLC dungeons," according to the store page. One in Godot Ruins and another in the lava place; these are separate from the DLC boss that unlocks via quest and drops the Death End re;Cital item afaik.

But yea, once you fight Ripuka there's no turning back, so I'd suggest completing the Pain Area and bonus/DLC content the first time you're able to head back to the Pain Area after entering Odyssia. (Early in Chapter 10.)

As for when they become available, after Chapter 7 I believe?
"Stop eating tea, Pigeon" - TastyPancakez 2015
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards

aces4839
1 month ago#4
That's not DLC though. Just extra areas that were added to the game.

User Info: Isual

Isual
4 weeks ago#5
good thing i saw this. how many superbosses/optional are there ?

aces4839
4 weeks ago#6
Just the one at the main volcano place in chapter 9. Two if you count the last boss of the Pain Area.

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
4 weeks ago#7
Isual posted...

Eight. Five in each floor of the pain area and one in each of the following areas: Landor Cave, Landor Cave Uncharted Lands (DLC) and Godot Ruins The Phantom Abyss (DLC)

I cleared two of the five floors of Pain Area, then I faced the bosses from the other three areas then I returned to Pain to complete the other three floors. They are mostly easy but the 5th floor Pain area boss is gimmicky and you can die easily if you don't know what to do.

Also, avoid the Pain Area if you don't want the game to become too easy. You get insane levels and money from just one floor.
I'll be a father before FF XVII comes out :(

User Info: Isual

Isual
4 weeks ago#8
what is the recommended level to take on the volcano optional boss ?

User Info: SWBF2Pilot

SWBF2Pilot
4 weeks ago#9
marthogly posted...
Isual posted...

Eight. Five in each floor of the pain area and one in each of the following areas: Landor Cave, Landor Cave Uncharted Lands (DLC) and Godot Ruins The Phantom Abyss (DLC)

I cleared two of the five floors of Pain Area, then I faced the bosses from the other three areas then I returned to Pain to complete the other three floors. They are mostly easy but the 5th floor Pain area boss is gimmicky and you can die easily if you don't know what to do.

Also, avoid the Pain Area if you don't want the game to become too easy. You get insane levels and money from just one floor.

Yea considering you /download/ the /content/ to unlock the Uncharted Lands and Phantom Abyss, I have no idea what aces is talking about. Also, they do in fact each have a bonus boss, though the end of Uncharted Lands is just a boss party; the Phantom Abyss pits you against two previous bosses and one technically new one that references a plot item. Both add some new camp and event dialogue as well.

You can find Uncharted Lands slightly to the right of Landor Cave on the World Map, and the Phantom Abyss slightly to the right of Godot Ruins. Now that I've actually gone back and played them, I'd actually recommend doing them in Chapter 7 or 8 if you want them to be challenging and/or you want the weapons that drop from their treasure chests to be worthwhile (the stuff you find in Odyssia is stronger).

Like TC said, the Pain Area is probably something best saved for last; I'd go through the whole thing on your New Game+ (I am 99% sure it is impossible to get the "true" ending on a normal playthrough) run, since otherwise the regular endgame might end up being too easy.

As for Isual's second question, I personally beat the optional boss with my whole party around level 90 iirc, since that's just where they happened to be by the time I got back to the Volcano on NG+, but it's hard to say how much lower you could safely fight it. What I will say is that I'm pretty sure non-HP stats stop growing at level 100, so you're not getting much benefit past that point, and that the item it drops makes everything else EZmode for whichever character gets it lol.
"Stop eating tea, Pigeon" - TastyPancakez 2015
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Best time for Pain Area and DLC dungeons?
  • Post New Message